'08 450 excr main air jet?

I DID search the forums but couldn't find a definitive answer: I have a JD Jet kit installed with red needle using his specs on jetting. O ring done. Also have Power bowl. Runs great but I'm wondering if the main air jet should stay stock or be changed - to a 200 or ???

Thanks.

Call Jd he will tell you. Great cutomer service. If its not called out in the kit probably not.

Will do thx

main air jet? when I installed a jet kit on mine, I had to put in a new main jet (not sure if it's what your talking about though)

Why would you worry about it if its running allright?

Because my WR 450's throttle response was much better and I did similar mods including the main air jet. Yeah, different bike and I'm liking the excr more in so many ways but I do miss the responsiveness.

Because my WR 450's throttle response was much better and I did similar mods including the main air jet. Yeah, different bike and I'm liking the excr more in so many ways but I do miss the responsiveness.

excr has broader power and more top end power over a free modded wr450, friend had one and we always swapped. the wr's suspension was a lot better though.

if your looking for snappy ness, you'll probably want to tune to pumper, you do that by putting in different leak jets (which allow fuel to flow away from the pumper circuit) different diaphragm or tighten the linkage.

I put a Honda CRF450R diaphragm in and it mad a good difference in snappy ness I tell you what... bobby.... ooohhhhoooww -hank hill

the main is for top end fueling and it works in conjunction with the needle for low and mid range fueling and the needles taper is what determines the progressiveness of it, and the pilot is idle

i'd try the honda diaphragm and o ring the linkage, that should help make your motor have better on/off throttle response

Main jet 175 tops for 450, 172 for 530 with JD. CRF 450 diaphram.

main air jet stays put.

10-4 Thx