Rm, kx, yz, cr which handles best?

i just sold my 00'rm 125 and i loved it so much. handled GREAT. jumped 40 feet with her and she handled it great.

now, which bike will handle the best? im 5"8, best for trail ridding, and track ridding? i know RM's are THE BEST when it comes to handling, but what whould be close?

i might go 250 2t. i am currently looking at several 125s 01-3 CR's, KX's, YZ's (cant find an RM or id buy it immediately.)

and im looking at some 250 2t's 03 yz for $1200 and a 01 KX 250 for $1400

i have $1400 cash, and im confused on what to get for my next ride. i dont want a bike thats sloppy or feels like rubish. i dont care about power as much as handling. i can work a clutch. :smirk:

I'm kinda confused. So why did you sell your RM that you liked so much? Because the 125s you listed are around the same year. Also, it is tough to have a bike that can do tracks and trails but I would get a 250. Also, you said you want the bike that handles the best but you kinda answered your own question. Engines wise the cr250s and yz250s tend to have wider power bands then the kxs and rms.

Are you doing trails more then tracks?

I'm kinda confused. So why did you sell your RM that you liked so much? Because the 125s you listed are around the same year. Also, it is tough to have a bike that can do tracks and trails but I would get a 250. Also, you said you want the bike that handles the best but you kinda answered your own question. Engines wise the cr250s and yz250s tend to have wider power bands then the kxs and rms.

Are you doing trails more then tracks?

because shes old and skipped out of second under power.

i ride 70% trail 30% track. i have a private track i ride at, super fun. my rm landed hard because the suspension was old and beat. but i loved how she handled on the track and woods. helped alot that i had the seat shaved down too.

i have a 2001 kx250 and i love it! it has a beastly engine! it handles pretty good too. i ride at a private track too and do alot of trail riding. if i where you i would get a 250. IMO they are the most versatile bikes out there. good luck!

I have a 2005 yz 125 and i ride both track and trails about 50/50. i know 2005 is newer than what you mentioned but years previous are great bikes too. i would look into a cr, they handle extremely well and if you can work a clutch you its not an issue being a bit underpowered (compared to a 2502t). yes in fact if i were to get any bike previous to a 2005 yz it be a cr.

Dont let anyone tell you a 125 is a bad bike in the woods. If you know how to ride you will have no problem.

i was looking at a wicked clean 04 KX125 for $1300

and thats all i have... is $1300.

anybody know about 04 kawi's?