Sign in to follow this  

2011 kx450f, what do you think of them

Read mxa's test of it and didn't seem very good. I also don't trust magazine shootouts though so how have the 11's been for you guys, pros, cons, any problems. Thinking about getting a 450 from a supercross privateer with 5 hours on it $17500 invested from procircuit and all the stock parts

Huh??? The 2011 KX450F is the best bike made until the 2012 comes out. I am a die hard Yamaha fan but....I have a 2011 KX450F. nuff said!

Iam not happy with mine the power output is not there for me and tring to find a local dealer with the programer no body has one iam thinking I should ha got a 2010 mabey I will just trade it in on a 2012

I don't like MXA but all the other mags have The 11 kx450f as the shootout winner. I LOVE MINE!!!!

Can't wait to go riding. As far as power it has the best power of all 11 450s according to all the mags including MXA

hope this helps

Ernie

Iam not happy with mine the power output is not there for me and tring to find a local dealer with the programer no body has one iam thinking I should ha got a 2010 mabey I will just trade it in on a 2012

So you still havent resolved that issue? After seeing the 2012 bike im glad i decided to redo my 07 and keep it for one more season, next year ill do the 2012..

MY 2010 absolutely rips. It will rip your arms off! My 09 was good too, little smoother power. My 08 was great after a hi comp piston. My friend has a 11 and said its slow, he had to buy a pipe to help the motor.PIC_1403.jpg

I think the only deffrance is the programing but not for sure

I think the only deffrance is the programing but not for sure

well with the 2012 it will be easier and cheaper to change the tune..

I just bought an 11' and absolutely love it. Every Monday I'm counting down the days until the next time I can ride.

im absolutely in love with my 2011 kx450, but the suspension is to light for my weight, and had a pretty narrly crash about a few weeks ago, jacked up the whole front end, bent front rim, bents forks, bent bars. and i broke my hand in 4 place and chipped my wrist, but the bike defiantly has power, thats for sure.

I just got mine a couple weeks ago but I love it! It took no time at all to get acclimated to it. No complaints from me. Power is strong, suspension is great. It's far too stiff for the tight single track in the hills but is manageable. It is awesome on the track though!

Just picked up my 2011 KX450F yesterday! Huge discounts this time of year so I couldn't help myself. It looks awesome, about to go for ride #1 today. I'll post how it goes.

damn dude at this point i would have waited for the 2012 its sickkk

The 2011 runs sweet! Paid $800 more than I did for my brand new 2000 YZ125 over a decade ago! I'll be able to sleep at night without "traction control." I thought I remembered that being illegal for AMA competition anyway. Maybe it was just for pro racing, but there was a small scandal when James Stewart had a data acquisition system on his YZF that the commentators called traction control. Anyway I'm super stoked on the bike and feel like I got a great deal. My 2006 was ok for the D class, so this 2011 should be awesome!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By tanner_shany24
      Hey guys, I have a 2012 KX450f and it is giving me major issues. I will give you a run down of the history of it. I bought this bike a few months ago and have only ridden it really once, yes once! When I bought it everything seemed to check out, it ran fine, started fine, sounded fine, so I bought it. Took it out to ride and the first hill I hit it got really hot and overheated like a SOB and spewed coolant everywhere. I thought to my self maybe it was because we were riding trails slow before so maybe when I actually got on it it got too hot. After that though, it began to overheat every 3 minutes no  matter what, I would ride it for 3 minutes, and have to stop to let it cool down because I was scared I was going to melt the top end. Got home and started inspecting, found out that oil and coolant was mixing both where the oil is supposed to be and where the coolant is supposed to be. After some research I found that the 2012 450 had head gasket issues. Assuming that was the issue, I took the head off and got it resurfaced (it was actually decently warped) and put new gaskets in everything top end related. Piston and cylinder looked brand new by the way. So I put it back together, started it up, and it instantly started spewing coolant and oil mixed out of the crank case breather hose. Like literally as soon as i started it and it would make a puddle on the ground in 10-15 seconds. I'm at a loss here, brand new coolant and brand new oil, brand new head gasket and resurfaced head, and it instantly started doing the same thing again? What could it be? Is it worth my time or do I part the bike out? I have put way too much time into this bike to want to tear back into it again unless it is something cheap to fix, if not I am going to post it on craigslist and let someone else deal with it. Overall this whole experience makes me want to go back to a 250T! XD
    • By Sam Mclean
      Hi new to this site.
      Ive just bought a cheap kx450f with what i thought would be a minor issue.
      I was told it was only running with the choke on and i thought easy fix, just a blocked jet. So i pulled it apart as must of the person before me and i find a broken soround thing that the plastic case sits on around the pilot jet. So i appoxy that back on unblock the jets and clean it all out, put it back together and now i try starting it for the first time and see the fuel dripping as it was when i bought it. When i look closer i see it is seeping from what looks like a crack in the float bowl. Ahhh
      So my problem is. Looking for a cheap carby might solve all my problems or just a float bowl at worse case. Now i can find many kx450f being wrecked nearby so im wondering are most 450 carbys the same? Will one of a yz450f work? 
      Can someone please help
    • By Sam Mclean
      Hi new to this site.
      Ive just bought a cheap kx450f with what i thought would be a minor issue.
      I was told it was only running with the choke on and i thought easy fix, just a blocked jet. So i pulled it apart as must of the person before me and i find a broken soround thing that the plastic case sits on around the pilot jet. So i appoxy that back on unblock the jets and clean it all out, put it back together and now i try starting it for the first time and see the fuel dripping as it was when i bought it. When i look closer i see it is seeping from what looks like a crack in the float bowl. Ahhh
      So my problem is. Looking for a cheap carby might solve all my problems or just a float bowl at worse case. Now i can find many kx450f being wrecked nearby so im wondering are most 450 carbys the same? Will one of a yz450f work? 
      Can someone please help
    • By BadcaseofTB
      I missed tracking where this little top hat came out of in my 2011 kx450f. Was thinking clutch or right side engine cover. Any help would be appreciated I can’t seem to find it in the manual.