anyone get rid of there tool bag and wish they had it back ?

so to save weight and improve the looks of the bike first thing to go was the tool bag , i sold it on ebay for $105 to someone over seas . but now days been wishing i had it back , anyone in the same spot as me .

Surely you jest , batman ? Save weight ! On a more serious note though , in australia if you leave anything in one of those toolbags , someone will steal it . And if you put a padlock on it , the lock will then ruin your bodywork . So I think ditching the bag is a good idea , greg

I'd sell mine too for $105...

I'll sell you mine for 100$, that way you have yours back, you get to keep 5 bucks and i get a hundred...It's a win/win situation....! :smirk:

Surely you jest , batman ? Save weight ! On a more serious note though , in australia if you leave anything in one of those toolbags , someone will steal it . And if you put a padlock on it , the lock will then ruin your bodywork . So I think ditching the bag is a good idea , greg

+1 Your not kiding, same here.

I have two seating around somewhere.

well i dont have to worry about someone stealing anything , because i dont leave it anywhere i cant see it , i dont go to stores or what not i only ride then back home in the garage , i only want it so i can put a tire repair kit with co2 ,and a few tools . now i see your point if this is your commuter bike

going to order Moose Rear Fender Pack $34

I don't miss it... useless to me.

Now I have a 10L pack bolted to a rack for tools and spares.

I don't miss it... useless to me.

Now I have a 10L pack bolted to a rack for tools and spares.

yep thats why im getting the moose bag and when i do track days i can just take it off easy

yah ... took mine off when it looked weathered and worn , i went without one for a while .

i saw a new one on E ~bay for 50 bux ... the toolbag is handy for dirt riding

The sparkplug wrench comes in handy...

I like a tail bag. I do not carry tools in mine but often will carry a sixxer and a few nice sandwiches. All my bikes have them. Other than using it to carry items home or on a mini adventure, the bag is empty.

what tail bag are you using ^^^^.

thnx for the quick reply i barely had time to butter my toast lol.

I moved mine to the back of the fender so I could mount a rack and keep the stock bag. I keep my disc and chain locks in mine:

bags02.jpg

If you're looking for a replacement, you might consider the Wolfman Enduro Tool Kit. It's slightly larger than the stock bag and costs around $45. It's removable too.

bags06.jpg

You can mount the base to the fender. In the above picture, I just routed the compression straps around the rack tubes.

WGW

+1 on the wolfman bag it has a velcro / buckle base I have one bag set up with tools two bases and can swap it back and forth between bikes. It also has a small carring handle so you can remove it and take it in with you if you are stopped and worried about it getting stolen.

Sold for $105.00 Damn !!!!

I took mine off cause when I was out trail riding the zip burst open and lost all my tools out of it.

Got the little Kriega bag on now instead (US 5 i think) can also fit an innertube and tyre levers in so less to carry in my camelbak

don't have one and haven't missed it yet.