te250 vs 310

well at the moment im thinking of 2 options there a te 310 2010 in my husky shop and i wanna know if the newer te 250 2011 moddle is better off than a 310. i would like to get a 310 cause i have been riding my bro wr250f alot lately and really the shop owner says that a 310 hasnt got much low grunt in it but would it be worth getting the 310 or 250. dont need enough power to kill me or flip but is it worth it? i have a middle riding skill not a beginner and far from it but not a pro. currently i have a crf 230 09 and is good but need more power and i have ridden a 510 and man they have power little to much for me. but what i want to know is how much maintaining would i have to do and difference between the te 250 and 310 is it better off or worse

i do morely tight trails and open hills and stuff like that but in a comment i need to know what a hair scramble is?

my hight and weight are

16years hight is 175cm 1.75m or weigh 55kg or 121.25 lbs would my heigh or weight be good enough for the bike or not

would abosulty love your opinion:worthy::prof::smirk::smirk:

why does NO one awnser the Question mmmm this is the 2nd time this has happend can some one actualy awnser my question

well at the moment im thinking of 2 options there a te 310 2010 in my husky shop and i wanna know if the newer te 250 2011 moddle is better off than a 310. i would like to get a 310 cause i have been riding my bro wr250f alot lately and really the shop owner says that a 310 hasnt got much low grunt in it but would it be worth getting the 310 or 250. dont need enough power to kill me or flip but is it worth it? i have a middle riding skill not a beginner and far from it but not a pro. currently i have a crf 230 09 and is good but need more power and i have ridden a 510 and man they have power little to much for me. but what i want to know is how much maintaining would i have to do and difference between the te 250 and 310 is it better off or worse

i do morely tight trails and open hills and stuff like that but in a comment i need to know what a hair scramble is?

my hight and weight are 16years hight is 175cm 1.75m or weigh 55kg or 121.25 lbs would my heigh or weight be good enough for the bike or not

would abosulty love your opinion:worthy::prof::smirk::smirk:

This question is very difficult to answer ... I own a 08 TXC250 and zero experience on a 310 ... My 08 TXC250 is a very good bike and I hardly never pin it to get from point A to point B and I'm never last .... I'd want a TXC model over any TE model unless you just need the plate on its back because the TXC models are much more of a racer bike than the TE models ...

Both bikes will be well past that crf 230 on performance in the dirt ... Both will feel much taller and heavier ... Maintenance between the 2 machines should be almost identical and nothing more than normal bike stuff such as oil changes, filter cleaning, chain stuff ... Both are EFI models I think ... There was 1 thread out here that was against a 310 of a specific year model (maybe the 2010 yr model) but this Husky site is so polluted, it is sometimes hard to tell reality from facts ... 310 is a bigger number than 250. If physics holds true, it should have more power than a 250 in most cases ...

A hare scramble is type of offroad race as this link tries to explain ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hare_scramble

Let me add this on UR height and weight ... Some of the greatest bike riders of all time (RC4 and JS7 to name a couple of today) are shorter, light guys ... Don't let the height thing be come an obstacle ... Surfers are also normally shorter guys ...:lol:

Less weight on you means less the bike carries and nothing wrong with that ... That height thing comes into play when dabbing and if you learn to ride, how to really ride, dabbing become less and less

Edited by ray_ray

I have the 2009 310 (identical to the 2010). The 2011 Husky 250 is noticeably lighter and at your weight I'd seriously look in its direction. The two bikes have a similar amount of power, but the 310 seems to have a better powerband. I believe HomeFinanceUSA has actually owned both bikes, perhaps you should PM him.

Good luck:thumbsup:

I think your best bet would be to get a 2011 te310. It was redesigned this year and is identical to the 2011 te250 except for the increased displacement. I've had mine for a few months now and I can say it has a lot of power down low. I could have bought a 2010 te310 for much cheaper but based on what I've read the 2011 is a superior bike.