Sign in to follow this  

Void warranty

Hey guys does anyone know if I were to put in an fcr carb, 3x3 mod and put in a full exhaust if that would void my warranty?

Would like to do it this year but may wait until my warranty expires.

Thankyou.

I asked my dealer's service manager about mods and he said if it could be blamed for a problem then it would void the warranty, so if you had an engine problem they might try to cancel you on that. It would be really hard to fight their decision. If you have something unrelated to your mods then it's up to your local service manager whether he wants to make trouble for you or not.

You should go ask him, he's most likely the guy that will be making the decision. I was service manager of a dearer years ago and they do have a lot of say about what gets covered- even though he might tell you he doesn't.

I asked my dealer's service manager about mods and he said if it could be blamed for a problem then it would void the warranty, so if you had an engine problem they might try to cancel you on that. It would be really hard to fight their decision. If you have something unrelated to your mods then it's up to your local service manager whether he wants to make trouble for you or not.

You should go ask him, he's most likely the guy that will be making the decision. I was service manager of a dearer years ago and they do have a lot of say about what gets covered- even though he might tell you he doesn't.

Id do it simply becouse looked the Drz motor is pretty much bomb proof if set up correctly :smirk:

Edited by packman