Sign in to follow this  

JD jet kit......

I finally bought a JD jet kit for my 2003 CR125. I was pretty close using various honda jet needles. I installed red needle per instructions and the bike made a terrible noise and would just randomly cut out and die. It was VERY lean now. Question is is the blue needle really much of a difference as far as being richer? The two needles look the same diameter almost. The 6dgy22-71 that seems to be working well is WAY thinner. Please help! Or I just may have a JD jet kit up for sale.

eddie-

Terrible noise? on startup or while running? Randomly cuts out and dies, when while riding or on the stand?

You could always email or call James himself and let him work with you his customer service is top notch

The Blue needle is richer in the lower throttle openings 0-1/4 throttle if its goes like the previous kits i've had

If you compare each side by side, notice where the clip positions are for each. The two needles are only 1/2 clips different.

From where you're at, I'd go one clip richer on your red needle and see if that helps.

I finally bought a JD jet kit for my 2003 CR125. I was pretty close using various honda jet needles. I installed red needle per instructions and the bike made a terrible noise and would just randomly cut out and die. It was VERY lean now. Question is is the blue needle really much of a difference as far as being richer? The two needles look the same diameter almost. The 6dgy22-71 that seems to be working well is WAY thinner. Please help! Or I just may have a JD jet kit up for sale.

eddie-

The Blue needle is richer. I would try that and if it is still too lean, talk to James at JD. Just curious though (don't take this wrong), but why did you buy a JD Jet kit if you were already jetted good?

The Blue needle is richer. I would try that and if it is still too lean, talk to James at JD. Just curious though (don't take this wrong), but why did you buy a JD Jet kit if you were already jetted good?

I bought the kit just to see if I can make it just that much better. Blue needle seems to work well. Gonna take time to tell whether or not I like the JD kit better though.

I had to use the the blue needle on my Cr250 as the red needle was to lean. If I remeber right the blue needle is richer between 0-1/4 throttle & 1/2 richer in each clip position. It ran better with the blue needle but you'll have to adjust the clip pos. for you temps & elevation, cond etc.. I'd start in the middle & go from there.

The needle tapers are the same, but the Blue one is 1/2 clip richer as previously stated. You need to make sure you adjust the pilot and main to what JD recommends as well due to the different needle diameters (which fixes the mid throttle opening metering). Its a package change. You cant change just one part and expect the bes results. (not sure if you changed the main and pilot)