What year engine is this?

Could any body tell me what year engine this is? It says G105E-005249

on the top back corner and the guy who i bought it from said it was from a 02 yz 250 but is missing the piston and the easy was to identify them the cylinder. the only reson i dont beleive is because the swing arm bolt wont slide into the engine part, even tried tapping it with a hammer put wont work.

Whats the number on the cylinder? Under where it states 249cc on the side of the cylinder

i dont have the cylinder, i also tried to look up that number on yamaha parts but no luck, i just want to know so i can get the right cylinder and or other parts for it (kinda inportinant)

The number you posted looks like part of the VIN derivative that is stamped onto the engines. That would be pretty difficult to do a reverse lookup on.

Do you have a few pics of the engine that you have? Are there any other numbers on it?

it's a 2001, you need to have the rear bushings bored out to fit the 02+ frames.

I am pretty sure since its a o1 all the enigan parts are the same right (01-02).

I am building the bike from the gound up and i got the low end and the CDI box, the CDI box will work right, and I will start a photo bucket account to post pics of it but 99-02 engine pretty much look all the same

I am pretty sure since its a o1 all the enigan parts are the same right (01-02).

I am building the bike from the gound up and i got the low end and the CDI box, the CDI box will work right, and I will start a photo bucket account to post pics of it but 99-02 engine pretty much look all the same

see my post above, The 02 I have is G106, and the 01 I have is G105

99-11 are externally the same, except for the swingarm bolt dia, kick shaft, kicker and side cover. (all changed in 02)