Dean Wilson's pass on Eli Tomac!

Anyone saw that in the 2nd moto?

Instead of rolling down that wall thing, he blitzed through and over, passing Tomac on the way... big time!! Had to replay it couple times and it's pretty awesome how he did it... ?

Yeah and how did Justin Barcia not break his bike? It's a 250F and you know how his riding style is, Plus Ryan Dungey and plenty other riders had mechanical failures.

I bet Justin and his team are laughing as of now lol

Dean was killing it today, I didn't see anyone else pulling that line all day besides Reed once or twice. I thought the most amazing part was not just that they hopped over the wall, but they made it almost all the way to the first whoop. That jump alone was probably worth 1.5-2 seconds.

Dean was killing it today, I didn't see anyone else pulling that line all day besides Reed once or twice. I thought the most amazing part was not just that they hopped over the wall, but they made it almost all the way to the first whoop. That jump alone was probably worth 1.5-2 seconds.

they were jumping it in practice and press day but it got to gnarly during the races

they were jumping it in practice and press day but it got to gnarly during the races

I don't know about practice, but at press day there wasn't that extra bump in front of the wall, it was just the wall, which they used to jump into the whoops, I'm pretty sure at least.

Dean was killing it today, I thought the most amazing part was not just that they hopped over the wall, but they made it almost all the way to the first whoop. That jump alone was probably worth 1.5-2 seconds.

Millsaps was also "jumping" over the wall. Here is Dean...

Freestone2011277.jpg

Freestone2011279.jpg

There was still a bump before the wall

At press day, it looks like nowhere as large as it was during the race. I'm sure it was larger during morning practice though. Whoever changed it is smart though, that jump was just way to dangerous considering that it was blind, and how many riders we saw during the race fall in that sand.

Helmet cam of press day- http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/One-Lap-Freestone,3207/GuyB,64

Millsaps was also jumping it in the 2nd 450 moto. I was sitting right in front of where they were landing and it was awesome to watch. There were maybe 2-3 450 riders and about 4-5 250 riders doing it in practice but for the actual race it was only Millsaps and Wilson..

Millsaps was also jumping it in the 2nd 450 moto. I was sitting right in front of where they were landing and it was awesome to watch. There were maybe 2-3 450 riders and about 4-5 250 riders doing it in practice but for the actual race it was only Millsaps and Wilson..

did the announcer call it when it happened?

i was standing there too but left to go watch near the jumps on the other parts of the track.

i heard him say something! erg

i got a coule pics of 250 rider # 245 jumping it, they changed it after the practice session and added a bigger bump in front of it. i got to see Reed Huck it a couple times. it made since to change it. to bad they did though, pretty awesome watching them when they were able to jump it.

They showed Wilson's pass on the broadcast. He was the only 250 rider doing it that they showed. That was a sketchy jump at best. He tried it a lap after the one he made the pass on and came real close to doing a endo. He hit that woop on the other side out of the rut and just barely pulled it out. After that he did not try it again.

I was standing right there (The Wall) when he did it. He did that every lap in moto 2. It was cool.

Yea I saw him do it several times that moto. That's why I was surprised he wasn't more patient with Barcia. I figured he would try to make his pass over that wall since it was clearly a hot line.