Sign in to follow this  

NewYork New AK Farms track

theres was a shiitload of people there today (may 28) how do you guys like it? i didnt really like it at all didnt think it flowed all that well.

i forgot to get a helmet cam video today but oh well, i for one think they need to make the track go back the other way and change it up a bit IMO it sucks going in reverse

theres was a shiitload of people there today (may 28) how do you guys like it? i didnt really like it at all didnt think it flowed all that well.

i forgot to get a helmet cam video today but oh well, i for one think they need to make the track go back the other way and change it up a bit IMO it sucks going in reverse

I didn't think it was bad, but it could be because it was just something new and different to ride. Im not sure how it will be for the long run.

The track seems very short now though with the whole starting section cut out. And with 50+ bikes on the track at one time there were people everywhere. Also, the uphill whoops were brutal!

I havn't seen that many people at a practice in a long time.

2 A/B Motos

2 Novice Motos

2 Mini Motos

1 Quad Moto

Meant about 2 hours of wait time in between riding! I dont understand why they even allow quads there. Quad riders always complain that they arnt allowed at the tracks and then only what 10 of them show up? It just adds extra wait time for all the other motos and they blast aways all the good lines...

I was having fun till I had a get off and took a handlebar to the groin. I could not believe I was so tired after just a 20 min. moto. Hardly any spots on the track to rest and the whoops where fun but sucked the life out of you. I have some video I'll post it this week sometime.

The whoop sections did suck the life out of you, so I guess it was ok that the

laps were short.

Overall I think the track was decent, it was just hard to get a

clean lap in with so many people going everywhere.

Was it 20 min. motos they were doing?

If so, I'm glad I made to the checkers the 3x I got out there.

Here is a link to my first time out on the track. Sorry for the roost on the camera lens.

My kid went, said it flowed very poorly and all the lines ended up crossing into one so if you hit a jump everyone else wanted to land in the same spot regardless of where they took off from. He also complained about having to brake for jumps as they were in the ends of the straights, and the far too short track length was mentioned too.

The guys running it asked him how he liked it and he told them exactly what he thought. They said it was the riders who were screwing it up! Haha!

The waits were crazy too, how many kids were even there, I think he saaid like 2!!! He ended up leaving after a few motos and meeting us a our private track. It wasn't about being a "too new and having to get used to it" layout. He went specifically for something new and won't be back till they change it again!

That helmet cam makes it look completely miserable.

Please explain or elaborate on what is miserable?

Edited by unibrow

glad i didnt go. i havent practied there in a few years. last time i went they collect the money on the road in then when you get to the track it was a dust bowl, couldnt even see the bikes on the track it was so bad. i turned around whent to the lady collecting the money and said can i have my money back its so dusty you cant ride and she said no. i had some choice words and never whent back. how can you make someonepay before the see the track? i do race there once in a while tho.

Please explain or elaborate on what is miserable?

What I meant was that the track looks like crap. I was in no way knocking on anybodys riding or video footage.

What I meant was that the track looks like crap. I was in no way knocking on anybodys riding or video footage.

Jeez, don't get Chris mad, lol...............:smirk:

Jeez, don't get Chris mad, lol...............:smirk:

LOL, I thought 698 might have a better idea for a camera angle. I was thinking of purchasing a chest mount for the GoPro.

Its weird but for some reason the track looks shorter?

The big uphill jump (now big downhill jump) has a single in front of it. Was anybody jumping that single and using the big jump for landing?

The big uphill jump (now big downhill jump) has a single in front of it. Was anybody jumping that single and using the big jump for landing?

i wanted to huck it but didnt feel the 250 was up to it.. maybe next practice on my 450 ill try we'll see it kinda scared me a little :smirk:

Looks like that single (wall) is there to slow people down.

LOL, I thought 698 might have a better idea for a camera angle. I was thinking of purchasing a chest mount for the GoPro.

noo chest mount is annoying to watch mount up a side mount they're awesome

heres a side mount video i took a couple weeks ago much better perspective