Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Outsider's Perspective on Stewart

As my fiance and I are sitting watching the racing today she had a few comments. She experienced her first season of supercross this year and attended the Atlanta race. I doubt she would do much more than glance at motocross if I stopped my obsession. However, she is very intelligent and asks great questions while watching the racing.

Tonight while sitting at a grill on the beach in Florida watching the race she had some comments about Stewart. Jeffro was pounding on the roughness of the track, all broadcast as usual. I was espousing the greatness of the outdoors. She wanted to know if everyone who races supercross races the outdoors. I say, "Yes for the most part." She says, "Why is Dungey so good outdoors." (He is leading at this point) I answer, "Fitness and desire". "Where is Stewart?", she asks.

I simply respond he doesn't race outdoors with no bias. The race is on and I'm concentrating. She giggles and says, "Could you imagine if he had to ride on such a rough track? I mean did you see how many times he crashed at supercross? Those tracks were so smooth." I laugh at her seriousness. "What!", she says. Then screws up her face a little bit and asks, "Do his other colleages look down on him for not racing these races? They must right. It is kind of wimpy not to when all the other guys are racing, huh".

Edited by motoxhead
spelling

As my finance and I are sitting watching the racing today she had a few comments. She experienced her first season of supercross this year and attended the Atlanta race. I doubt she would do much more than glance at motocross if I stopped my obsession. However, she is very intelligent and asks great questions while watching the racing.

Tonight while sitting at a grill on the beach in Florida watching the race she had some comments about Stewart. Jeffro was pounding on the roughness of the track, all broadcast as usual. I was espousing the greatness of the outdoors. She wanted to know if everyone who races supercross races the outdoors. I say, "Yes for the most part." She says, "Why is Dungey so good outdoors." (He is leading at this point) I answer, "Fitness and desire". "Where is Stewart?", she asks.

I simply respond he doesn't race outdoors with no bias. The race is on and I'm concentrating. She giggles and says, "Could you imagine if he had to ride on such a rough track? I mean did you see how many times he crashed at supercross? Those tracks were so smooth." I laugh at her seriousness. "What!", she says. Then screws up her face a little bit and asks, "Do his other colleges look down on him for not racing these races? They must right. It is kind of wimpy not to when all the other guys are racing, huh".

This post is worthless without pics.....:smirk::smirk:

meandmyfinance.jpg

All I want to know is where did you get that picture of my wife and who is that dude sitting with her?

All I want to know is where did you get that picture of my wife and who is that dude sitting with her?

thats my wifes little sister

Although I don't care for JS.. He did sweep the outdoors in 2008 I think it was.. Won every moto..

Although I don't care for JS.. He did sweep the outdoors in 2008 I think it was.. Won every moto..

ya but he didnt have ryan dungey rv2 or chad reed on his but

Love this post! And yes we ALL know JS7 is good outdoors, I don't think that is the reason for the OP. This is simply a great example of how athletes are perceived.

• Like 1

Livin' in the past!

Stewart kills outdoors ! When he rides ha ha

you mean kills other riders due to his recklessness right:thumbsup:

I Like Ryan Hughes' quote in his video " James Stewart is the best Rider , NOT necessarily Racer,..... too ever ride a dirtbike ! " or something like that . I Like watching him cuz ya never know when those amazing crashes are coming , when he wins its boring cuz he almost always is way out front when leading/winning a moto/heat .... a RD fan is what I am

lol just realized my first post said finance. Funny chop DJ250f.

Finance - Fiancée One in the same in my book/experience. To debate the differences would be like picking the fly crap out of the pepper. :smirk:

It seems like the haters keep JS7 up there butt more than the people that are on his nuts. I think its funny. All I see is people keep talking about JS7 and hes not even riding. I think he has a SX only CONTRACT with YAMi and gets paid as much as anybody else, now Im no expert but people dont last long in this sport due to the brutalness of it, and I dont hear anybody doging Jeremy McGrath out about his many SX only years. I think if your wife was a little more informed she might have a different perspective. Just my thoughts thou.

None of us can see it from the perspective of js7 but looking in from the outside it does look like he just doesn't want to be there enough. Chad reed couldn't find anyone who would pay him what he thought was fair so he went and bought a production bike and stuck some (alot) of bits on it and went riding. Why? He says to the press and public it's because he loves the sport and has so much fun on a dirt bike, that's the way most fans of the sport feel about riding.

James stewart on the other hand already has a bike that just needs to be adjusted to mx but because he doesn't feel ready (ready to win against rd rv and cr probably) and his team can't pay him a truck load he didn't bother showing up to hangtown. He had the same time Chad Reed did to put a bike together. I don't know I'm just guessing, but I don't think Stewart has as much fun riding as the other guys. When he took the 09 summer off he even admitted that he never even rode his bike once.

I can totally see why the hardcore mx fans aren't goin to like him as much as they used to for that.

• Like 1