How many ads, never ridden in sand, comes with paddle tire?

Oregon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2011-05-28, 1:57PM PDT

Reply to: sale-4cdwf-2408235733@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2001 Yamaha YZ 250

Great fun bike. Runs and starts well. Never ridin in sand.

Top end rebuilt 4 yrs ago before I bought it. Hardly any hrs

put on it since i bought it. New plastics. Comes with stand

and paddle tire.

Asking $1600 OBO

E-mail or text

503-830-9038

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2408235733

About as many that claim "New top end" :smirk:

And "lost title" :smirk:

btw, I'm against registration of any non-plated bike

My boys and I were laughing at that ad last night, with the paddle tire, but never ridden in sand. Somebody wasn't thinking when they posted that ad.:smirk:

Yeah, those "sand free" paddle tires are standard issue on northwest craigslist bikes.

i have a paddle tire and stand for my bike, and i've never ridden it in the sand either.

i have a paddle tire and stand for my bike, and i've never ridden it in the sand either.

If you ever want to sell your bike and say it's never been in the sand, don't include the paddle. It's like selling a bike that's never been raced with numbers on it.

Then why did you buy a paddle tire?

Glad to know I'm not the only one that is thinking the same thing when I see these ads.

Lot of these bikes come with the paddle, but the owner that is selling now hasnt been to the sand. FWIW i would buy a yz250 that has been sand ridden constantly over a yz250 that spent much time in the woods in the northwest rainforest. I used to do the dunes a lot. Brakes dont get used, you dont use the clutch much, you dont overheat, i never had any issue with sand in bearings or passing the filter. Bearing seals and foam filters work the same in the dunes as they do in the woods. Never had any issues.

Lot of these bikes come with the paddle, but the owner that is selling now hasnt been to the sand. FWIW i would buy a yz250 that has been sand ridden constantly over a yz250 that spent much time in the woods in the northwest rainforest. I used to do the dunes a lot. Brakes dont get used, you dont use the clutch much, you dont overheat, i never had any issue with sand in bearings or passing the filter. Bearing seals and foam filters work the same in the dunes as they do in the woods. Never had any issues.

I don't know about that logic...a bike that isn't properly jetted for being on the pipe for extended times while dune riding is a ticking time bomb.

I don't know about that logic...a bike that isn't properly jetted for being on the pipe for extended times while dune riding is a ticking time bomb.

What about a bike that has been drowned in giant mud puddles? :smirk:

What about a bike that has been drowned in giant mud puddles? :smirk:

shhhh....don't tell anyone.

I don't know about all bikes, but a stock 2001 YZ 250 is so ridiculously rich that it is impossible to blow one up on the sand dunes and most casual riders never bother changing jetting from stock so most any YZ would be fine. I would agree, the dunes may work the motor harder, but is way easier on the rest of the bike than the weekly thrashing I give mine in the woods.

A quadtard buddy WHO CAN ONLY RIDE THE DUNES ONCE A YEAR(and won't ride anywhere else) on his Bill Balance edition yamaha something or other with his $28,000 camper that gets used only 2x a year (2nd time when he gets skunked 10 days of deer hunting) had Gresham yamaha jet the thing(cause he can't do it himself) for the dunes so the one and only time he went to jones creek for an after work ride with the fellas the thing spits and sputters and he whines and throws his toys out of the crib because there is no sand. Anyone can twist the throttle in the sand. Avoid it like the clap. Unless it's a 3 mile whoop section:banana:

Dont forget the "never been raced" numbers on the number plates.

Every bike that doesn't run right- "just needs the carb cleaned".

I must have seen a hundred bikes for sale with dirty carbs when I was shopping for mine.

You never know though. Years ago I bought a really nice paddle tire for my KX500. The paddle tire is still in perfect shape except that the rubber is very old cause I only used it a handful of times.

So if I decided to sell my KX500, I would advertize it as having a paddle tire but not ridden in sand all that often and that would be true. You see we have always rode trails much more than dunes. I found it not worth the effort to mount and unmount the paddle tire for the little use it got in our occasional dune outings. I have not ridden the dunes for many years.

I do agree, that I would be much less likely to buy a bike when advertized with any of these cliche lines everyone is mentioning. I might actually pass up a good bike because of that. Better to be safe than sorry.

Oh yeah, my plated KX500 is not for sell.

I just think it's funny how most ads say low hours, never raced or to the dunes, new top end when I got the bike. Oh and the bike has never given me any issues at all the whole 2 months I've had it.

like selling a bike that's never been raced with numbers on it.

I have numbers on my bike that I use as a potential conversation starter.

I am old and slow. Even if I was entered in a race, I don't think you could possibly call what I do racing.:thumbsup: