Sign in to follow this  

KLX250s 2011 parts?!

Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster.

I recently had a spill on my new 2011 klx250s. The damage is all cosmetic, nothing serious, which is good. The thing is I'm having extreme difficulty finding replacement plastics for it! Im from Australia so shipping is probably the best option, unless someone knows an Australian. Im looking for aftermarket options as i called my dealer and the OEM prices are rediclious! $160 for the rear left panel and $200 for the front fender, what a joke! The dealer said the 2010 and the 2011 panels are different, which is a shame because i can find the 2010 ones but no 2011 :smirk: If anyone could please help me out it will be very much appreciated.

Regards, Joseph

I found on the thumper talk OEM store and i can only find 2009 parts. Does anyone know if these will fit the '11 model?

I didn't realize there was an official '11 KLX250. Regardless, there's no real difference in the '09 and '10 models. If you have an '11, it's no different either. There are rumors that '12 will introduce some notable changes, but who knows.

My bike was sold to me as 2011. The graphics are slightly different, but that doesnt bother me at all. My rego papers say '11. I got it cheaper then a '10 model anyway so im happy about that. So if i order these '09 side panels and front fender they should fit?

Other than possible graphics and color changes, the '09/'10 stuff will fit your bike exactly.

Thanks so much guys! Does this mean all parts will fit my bike? Because it seems no where list the '11 model. Im looking into an exhaust system, would this be 09/10 compatiable?

Thanks so much guys! Does this mean all parts will fit my bike? Because it seems no where list the '11 model. Im looking into an exhaust system, would this be 09/10 compatiable?

i believe 09-11 are the same.

btw, change to after-market exhaust will be better as they are much lighter. :smirk:

i believe 09-11 are the same.

btw, change to after-market exhaust will be better as they are much lighter. :smirk:

I was planning on only getting a slip on pipe, or is a full system worth it?

Do you recommend any brands in particular?

I was planning on only getting a slip on pipe, or is a full system worth it?

Do you recommend any brands in particular?

for the sake of weight-saving I got the slip-on FMF Powercore 4 only. not full system just slip-on. also it should be cheaper than original exhaust, which should have heavier and more expensive catalyst inside.

I also like my friend's Two Brothers. It's louder than FMF.

The inner diameter of the OEM head pipe is too small IMO. On that 2011 model issue, I still don't believe that Kawasaki manufactured any '11 models. Leftover '10 models or warehouse stock manufactured in '10 may qualify as new models in certain international markets. Whatever the case, I can just about guarantee your '11 model has all the same parts as '09/'10. I do know there wasn't a new or different model in '11. Like I said, someone could have gotten creative with some different graphics or even a different plastic color, but that's doubtful. Someone posted a factory white KLX250 that was in Canada a year or so ago, so you can occasionally find some oddball colors or graphics.

Thanks for the info regarding the plastics guys, saved me alot of money!

So what will be my best option regarding the exhaust? Some people on some Australian forms said the klx300 exhaust is a better fit for the Australian klx250. Is there Any merit to this?

Thanks for the info regarding the plastics guys, saved me alot of money!

So what will be my best option regarding the exhaust? Some people on some Australian forms said the klx300 exhaust is a better fit for the Australian klx250. Is there Any merit to this?

The KLX300 exhaust is certainly better than the KLX250S exhaust, but it's still not up to the performance potential of most quality aftermarket exhausts. Plus, I think I've seen some '09 and later riders state that the muffler mount is different than earlier model 300's and KLX250S models, but I don't know for sure...something to check on. On aftermarket full exhausts, there are several good ones out there. I have a full Muzzy, but it's not the only good one available by any means. Isn't Staintune pretty big in your neck of the woods? They're a good pipe too. You can't go wrong with FMF either.