Your worst mx injury

Hi, a few days ago i fell off my bike and broke my collarbone. It was my first broken bone from mx and i just wondered what injuries you guys have had in the past and how long you've been out from riding for and whether a collarbone injury is the easiest to recover from. Thanks all, tell me what you think.:smirk::smirk:

broken pelvis, snapped femur, and cracked patella, not the prettiest, out for more than 6 months.

also cracked the odd vertebrae and broken ankles and wrists

along with many torn tendons, ligaments and a rotator cuff.

no collar bones for me yet :smirk:

I have been pretty lucky. Only thing I have broke was a few ribs and a dislocated patella.

i havent suffered from any dirtbike insidents however my dad suffered from a broken knuckle(clutch smashed it) and broken shoulder and torn tendons in his leg. he also had to get stitches on his left eye brow from hitting a rock and it cutting his eye open. he took his goggles off because he was getting hot. it took him 3 months to recover fully. but hes scared to ride again

Broken ankle, tibula, fibula and broke my heel bone off. 7 screws, a steel plate and 4 and a half months later I was aloud to get back on the bike.

Shattered my Left Elbow/Forearm(9 Titanium Screws/Plate & the bone broken into about 7 Pieces), before that Cracked my Collarbone, before that Stitches in My Knee (The chain grabbed my Levis & pulled my Knee into the Front Sprocket. A Big Ass Hole in my Knee, you could see my Knee Cap)

broke right collarbone in two places

Between partial speparations and dislocation I have done each shoulder over 20 times. I think I have a degenerative problem with my shoulders or I just suck and crash alot. The worst one time incident was dislocated both shoulders and broke three ribs. Went over the bars. I hate that. Worst part was the kid flagging didn't notice me face down in the dirt. I was awake but ith both shoulders out couldn't get up right away. No one landed on me but they were landing all around me. Scary as hell. As far as recovery it took a month or so for the ribs. My shoulders go back in pretty easy and maybe 3 weeks I am 100% again. If I pop one out on sunday I can still work monday and I do construction.

1991 practicing on an empty track, I impaled myself on the front brake lever, lost several inches of small intestine...back on bike 2 months later.

13yrs later...desert crash knocked me unconcious, spinal bruising, partial paralysis...didn't get back on a bike for 8 months.

1991 practicing on an empty track, I impaled myself on the front brake lever, lost several inches of small intestine...back on bike 2 months later.

13yrs later...desert crash knocked me unconcious, spinal bruising, partial paralysis...didn't get back on a bike for 8 months.

LOSS SOME INESTINE?! oK that sounds bad haha

Broke both legs left femur right tibia plateau right wrist right thumb took about 3 years and 9 surgeries to fix the femur 3 surgeries to fix the wrist.

Fracture to my left tibia plateau, 6 screws and metal plate. Happen 4/18/11, still out and will be lucky to return this year. Pic of injury xray on my status.

Got a nasty scratch on my arm from some rocks being kicked up by the rider infront of me.

on the track- 3 broken fingers, completly torn rotator cuff, cracked pelvis. no more track for me.

on the trail- 2 more broken fingers, torn ligaments in both knees, broke 2 bones in my foot, 1 broken rib, broken wrist (which took the longest to heal @ 11 months)

total of 14 months off of work:banghead:

needless to say health insurance is a must, IMO Kaiser Permanente is awesome.:smirk:

danny86, you'll do good for yourself if that's the worst injury you'll eva have lol

30'ft fall off Granite cliff Northern CA Rubicon --Quad back in the 80's--Coor's Light with Peppermint schnopp's chaser.When I landed,the last thing i saw was the word "HONDA".Life flight to UCD Med center --Intensive care for 3 months-Footpeg popped my kidney. No more booze while riding -and LOL -no Honda's in my Garage.-Not bikes fault-I Know.

One crash.

Broke:

left femur

right femur

pelvis (3 spots)

t11 vertabrae

There is too many rods and hardware to count. Back on bike 8 weeks later, no joke. Us young kids bounce back fast!

L3 L4 lumbar vertebra broken with a few tire marks on my skin on my back from the occasional top 3 start where the guy in front wadds up and takes you out so you can get hit by the entire pack.

cased hard enough to bleed internaly to the point I could not sit up w/o passing out. 3 days later....out of the hospital, 6 months later.....back on bike.

I did some work for a fellow who lost his leg on a cased triple and lost his son in a race too........that poor guy

Broken L1-L3, torn rotator-cup... Snocross..