Sign in to follow this  

RAD valve, one piece or two piece ?

I purchased a RAD valve off ebay (cheap) for my 02 250 but it is a two piece. It use the stock carb boot/plate that has the rubber stuffers on it. Every thing i see online for the RAD valve shows a one piece cast unit. Yet there are some posts about 02 cr250 having the boot/plate with the stuffers on it Vs the 03 later having a seperate stuffer block. Didi i but a POS or is this the 02 version of the RAD valve.

Thanks

I purchased a RAD valve off ebay (cheap) for my 02 250 but it is a two piece. It use the stock carb boot/plate that has the rubber stuffers on it. Every thing i see online for the RAD valve shows a one piece cast unit. Yet there are some posts about 02 cr250 having the boot/plate with the stuffers on it Vs the 03 later having a seperate stuffer block. Didi i but a POS or is this the 02 version of the RAD valve.

Thanks

Pic's would be nice but it sounds to me like you bought a stock reed block. Maybe the seller had boyesen petals on it and thought it was a rad valve. Here is a linkk to what a rad valve looks like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-BOYESEN-RAD-VALVE-HONDA-CR250R-2002-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19c4c13970QQitemZ110675179888QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

According to the model # stamped on it that you can see in the pic "02F" that's the rad valve for an 02 CR250. The one I got for my 04 used the stock boot as well even though all the pics online show that they come w/ a different boot from boyesen.