What happened to Dungeys bike?

He was the only guys in the supercross class in the top four that had a mechanical, and lost the title because of it. (granted, he would have benefitted from lots of luck if he'd won it, based on how inconsistent everyone else was)

If he was to lose two titles in one year based on mechanical issues, then he'd be one of the more unlucky guys in recent memory.

Last year hard work, determination and some luck won him two titles. This year bad luck has been his undoing, bummer :-(

True, odd how that works, huh? ?

Next year, he's even.

I couldn't believe how well he controlled himself. I would have melted down! He even pushed the bike back to the pits while his fat mechanics watched.

I totally agree and I thought that same thing as I was watching.

I was wondering if there was a rule or a code or something as to why you see riders with broken bikes pushing themselves back to the start finish line or the pits. I have seen this in many motocrosses and I watched a factory rider in a WORCS race push his bike more than 1/2 mile along the course to cross the start finish line. The only thing his mechanic did was hold his helmet. People were cheering for him to push it up the finish line jump and then once he crossed the start finish line his team came and grabbed his bike for him. So it I assumed that there is a rule or at least a code where the riders push there own bike.

his fat mechanic is the best in the sport! might want to watch what you say without knowing the facts. hardly ever has mechanical failures. there is a rule if he wants points he has to push to the finish. if rider and bike don't finish the race they don't get any points. can't have outside help unless its in the pits. hints the reason goose was just watching.

It sure looked like the bike ran out of gas, the way he just coasted to a stop. Is it against the rules for a mid-race refuel? I like him even more seeing how he handled that.

his fat mechanic is the best in the sport! might want to watch what you say without knowing the facts. hardly ever has mechanical failures. there is a rule if he wants points he has to push to the finish. if rider and bike don't finish the race they don't get any points. can't have outside help unless its in the pits. hints the reason goose was just watching.

Yup Goose is one of the best in the business. Remember shit happens.

I will say, whatever I want to say.. His wonderful mechanic set him up with yet another great bike... Another title down the toilet..

The few facts I know.. and as foggy as my memory is, I think I remember him loosing a 250F engine on the last lap about three years ago.. It was Red Bud...

Edited by akfreerider
PC

It sure looked like the bike ran out of gas, the way he just coasted to a stop. Is it against the rules for a mid-race refuel? I like him even more seeing how he handled that.

Agree.. He is a true professional and sets the example..

I understand MG is the man.. But at the same time, two mechanical failures is unacceptable and he is the only one to blame.. I wonder who the teams chain supplier is?! I fairly reliable source told me almost none of the chain makers are using japanese alloys anymore.. DID was the only company "supposedly" that uses Japanese alloys now.. So.. If RD's bike had a Chinese chain on it.. FAIL!!

Sometimes you win championships when everything goes your way in the season. Other times you lose because you can not catch a break. I think Dungey is showing he will be around for years to come. Also what a good kid he is and not a premadonna!

Its a machine or something? Things break, fail, shit happens, not really anyones fault.

This will make RD that much stronger! Look for him on the box a lot more often!

Dungey kept his cool under the worst conditions.

Reed was gracious on the podium, saying it really was RD's race to win.

RD had a mechanical during the supercross season.

VP had a rider hit the kill button by accident and VP ran into the back of him.

Reed was taken out by Stewart.

It was a weird season where all of the top riders had a race with low or zero points.

Was it the chain guide that failed on his bike? Not sure I would want to be jumping 50 foot gaps if the chain was going to pop off.

Boiling gas could be the Suzuki design and a really hot track.

Look for heat shields under the tank and perhaps a larger tank.

If it was running out of gas, it could be the sandy track just used up more fuel than expected.

Bad luck. It happens in racing.

Running out of gas seems like it could be the problem...If anyone remembers southwick last year many of the honda riders, including Andrew Short in a similar situation as Dungey were running out of gas in the sandy track.

Here is my question though, do these teams FILL the gas tanks? or do they calculate how much they will need for the race and maybe multiply it by 1.2 or 1.5 times that amount and only put that much fuel in? I know a full day of riding which is 3+ hours on an open day at an MX track on my 250f I maybe drink 1/2 a tank. I dont see how even a fully worked engine can eat through almost 2 gallons of gas in 30 min.