Sign in to follow this  

rekluse z start pro guys

I recently installed one on my yz 250 and unfortunatly I can only ride for a couple laps in the yard (shoulder issue) anyhow, I seem to have to have my clutch cable tighter then the manual calls for in order for it to not disenguage. I have checked the clearances, but I am only seeing max clearances, no mins. I called rekluse and they talked me through getting it to disenguage via tightening the cable (and they called ME back...props for that). anyhow, I keep hearing of tales of running without a clutch lever, but I just do not see it. I have tried a few spring settings and am still required to fan the clutch to get on the pipe from a dead stop. I do get 99.7% disenguagement. the thin shim plate is not mixed in my pack. my frictions are basically new and oil soaked.

so, those that have been here, what are your suggestions. I feel like I could snug up the cable more, but that would seem to introduce slip all the time.

thanks.

I have the pro on my KTM XCW300. when I originally put it on, I too had to use the clutch at a dead stop, or it would quit, and i had to be careful on downhills about locking up the rear.

I called rekluse back and went to a different spring, and like magic - it idles perfectly, barely wanting to creep until I wick it up. I went to a left hand rear brake, but was worried about no clutch , so i actually mounted it (clutch lever) under the LHRB. I use it occasionally, to help find neutral, but I really don't have any need for it.

since you have apparently played with the springs - I am at a loss - have you tried turning up the idle just a bit? Did Rekluse say anthing about changing the number of balls?

Carl Johansson

I have tried all and minus 3 balls. It sounds like I am close, but I can't imagine being faster the way it is. I am geared a bit taller then I would normally be, but I thought it would slip through it.

I am used to coming out of a corner and fanning the clutch for traction and get in the meat of power....I don't see that happening the way it is without a clutch lever.

What you ae looking for might not be there. I run the med spring with 27 balls. The over-ride will provide disengagement unil you hit high revs...then you will get a certain amount of drive.

I would like it to slip progressively less to about 2500ish rpm. It seems to lock up around 1200-1500.

I do not mind keeping the lever, it just is odd having 1/2" travel. I do not want to break it when I crash.

Did the guys from Rekluse suggest using 24 balls. The spring will determine the engagement point whereas the number or type of balls will determine the amount of slip

yes, and Iam currently running 24 balls. I am thinking I need more spring. I am running the two right now that should be the stiffest, but perhaps one is sacked out.

I have tried all and minus 3 balls. It sounds like I am close, but I can't imagine being faster the way it is. I am geared a bit taller then I would normally be, but I thought it would slip through it.

I am used to coming out of a corner and fanning the clutch for traction and get in the meat of power....I don't see that happening the way it is without a clutch lever.

the pro will make you rocket out of the corner, no need for fanning - this is one of the 2 biggest gains in speed in my opinion, coming out of a corner these things come out like they were shot out of a cannon, no fanning required. gearing isn't an issue for ridability, but you will; need the correct gearing for your powerband - the clutch will slip and engage at any rpm, but if you are out of your powerband - it won't help alot. you need to be in the correct rpm range.

If you go into a corner lugging - then pull the clutch rev it up and dump the clutch to get into the powerband, you may have to alter your riding a bit - go into the corner, get in the correct gear and roll on the power - your buddies will still be reving up their motors - while you are hooked up and blasting out of the corner

that is what I am hoping for. right now it hooks up too soon and the bike is pulled down. It is all I can do to keep it from stalling the bike at idle. I know it will be great when I get it tuned, but I am running out of parts to tune with. I am going to order up some springs.

what takes the clutch cable place on the delete kit. my bike will stall 100% of the time w/o cable tension.

Your problem may lie some place else. I you are having trouble with the motor stalling out at idle....your pilot settings are off. Clutch cable tension should not be a factor.

It idles fine as long as it is not in gear. I can't get the clutch free play and the bike to idle at the same setting.....one or the other.

Put the stock gearing on it and see how it works. If it works as designed with the stock gearing I am thinking you are either in the wrong gear or have the bike geared too high!

jOE

the culprit was a stretched clutch cable. I added what seemed like too much cable tension and suddenly I see what the love is all about.