Sign in to follow this  

350 EXC Vs TE 310

Been saving up for a new 310 for a while now but looks like the new exc 350 is just gonna blow it away.

Don't get me wrong, I was about to go and order the 310. They are doing some good deals here at the mo.

Problem is I've just finished reading "Trail bike and Enduro magazine" and the journo was seriously gushing about the KTM. I can honestly say I've never seen an article with such praise about a machine before. They did the 310 a few months ago and loved that too.

A shoot out is needed!

Don't get me wrong, I was about to go and order the 310. They are doing some good deals here at the mo.

Problem is I've just finished reading "Trail bike and Enduro magazine" and the journo was seriously gushing about the KTM. I can honestly say I've never seen an article with such praise about a machine before. They did the 310 a few months ago and loved that too.

A shoot out is needed!

You should get the KTM! I bet it is perfection plus you'll blend in with all the other ones out there:thumbsup:

The 2012 KTM 450 and 510 EXC has my attention. They have the new single overhead cam motor that is 6lbs lighter and has %15 less rotating mass than the old motor. So many good choices. :smirk:

The 2012 %^$# 450 and 510 )(*&^has my attention.

What is the motivation for being in a Husky forum and trying to a sell other brands of bikes?

The Exc version isnt even out yet you prat.

Ray Ray I'm a husky man and therefore am interested in how they compare to other brands.. GET A GRIP MAN!!

What is the motivation for being in a Husky forum and trying to a sell other brands of bikes?

To provide the best possible information to the original poster?:smirk:

Oh, c'mon, lighten up......:smirk:

Good luck Svenn, and perhaps there will be a comparison? You can take comfort in knowing that either bike will be great.:prof:

Ray Ray I'm a husky man and therefore am interested in how they compare to other brands.. GET A GRIP MAN!!

Sure and thanks for the advice ... and don't forget about the horses front end... A.K.A other forums on specific bikes you might have in mind.

Comparing bikes is one thing... taking the opportunity to call out several bikes the OP did not ask about and start bragging on their 'new design' is a little different.

Oh, ye... let me tell you about the new Huskies lol ...

I did this ride (KTM350, FE390 and my TE511) and no fights broke out :smirk:

DSCF8559-L.jpg

all bikes worked great all day and all pilots loved there machines. All is right with the world and we have choices :smirk: the KTM350 is a real good looking bike up close.

- In the end 99% of us can't use 50% of what the bike is capable of, we are the slow part of the equation.

I did this ride (KTM350, FE390 and my TE511) and no fights broke out :prof:

DSCF8559-L.jpg

all bikes worked great all day and all pilots loved there machines. All is right with the world and we have choices :smirk: the KTM350 is a real good looking bike up close.

- In the end 99% of us can't use 50% of what the bike is capable of, we are the slow part of the equation.

Yeah, yeah, but we all know the 511 is the best bike there... :smirk:

OK.... Johnny Aubert's 2012 WEC EXC350 has broken and left him with more DNFs than any other rider,

Here in the states the factory racers racing the new KTM 350 in Supercross are having a problem even breaking into the top 10 overall.... names like Alessi and Short.

That 350 isn't a 450... nor is it a 250.... more like a 250 that can't finish racers.

On the other hand Meo's 310 is purring like a kitten... it finishes races.... and has him sitting pretty in 1st place overall.

Just Sayen

here's a test of the new 2012 exc's

http://www.bikesales.com.au/reviews/2011/enduro/2012-ktm-enduro-range-launch-24842

I think you just have to take each bike for what it is, i.e a 250, 310, 350 etc.. there is no magic bullet. Each time you go up in capacity you get the pluses and minuses of a capacity increase. Most people say the 310 isn't any faster than an mx jap 250f (i.e a modded WR/CRF/EXCF etc).

OK.... Johnny Aubert's 2012 WEC EXC350 has broken and left him with more DNFs than any other rider,

Here in the states the factory racers racing the new KTM 350 in Supercross are having a problem even breaking into the top 10 overall.... names like Alessi and Short.

That 350 isn't a 450... nor is it a 250.... more like a 250 that can't finish racers.

On the other hand Meo's 310 is purring like a kitten... it finishes races.... and has him sitting pretty in 1st place overall.

Just Sayen

Too bad there is no production version of Meo's bike and the stuff he's racing this year "might" make it onto the sales floor in another 18 months. I'm sure the KTM 350 in WEC is probably a bit altered too.

Too bad there is no production version of Meo's bike and the stuff he's racing this year "might" make it onto the sales floor in another 18 months. I'm sure the KTM 350 in WEC is probably a bit altered too.

As is all the other factory KTM 350s that keep breaking down and letting their factory riders down.

I thought Husqvarna had a factory version of Meo's bike available to the public?

Wait that's a 250!.. the Meo replica 310 will be available in September as a 2012.

BlipBlip/HuskyRips :smirk:

As is all the other factory KTM 350s that keep breaking down and letting their factory riders down.

I thought Husqvarna had a factory version of Meo's bike available to the public?

Wait that's a 250!.. the Meo replica 310 will be available in September as a 2012.BlipBlip/HuskyRips :smirk:

You're funny, a 2012 model 4 months before 2012 calendar year hits? :prof:

Seriously though, what Meo is riding now resembles more of a TXC310 2013 model with the newest cylinder head, Kayaba works forks and all sorts of trick bits. I'd be all over a bike like that if it were offered this September :smirk:

You're funny, a 2012 model 4 months before 2012 calendar year hits? :smirk:

Seriously though, what Meo is riding now resembles more of a TXC310 2013 model with the newest cylinder head, Kayaba works forks and all sorts of trick bits. I'd be all over a bike like that if it were offered this September :smirk:

Unfortunatly that bile as well as the new 900 and the cr 50 and 65 and te125 will never make it to this side of the pond due to the pace Husqvarna west works at.

I'm sure someone up on top is being told that this is just the way things are done here in America, but that's the reaso the Chinese have taken our lunch.

For whatever the reason things move a lot slower in california than in the rest of the good old USA.

Justsayen