Hole in my inner clutch cover

Something kicked up while riding my DRZ offroad and sheared a screw off and about a half hour later I think I cooked my engine.So I gotta take it apart now but I don't know what to look for when I open it.The oil from the crankcase drain plug was a little silver so something must be worn in there.I figure when I got her open I should do the fixes u guys suggest but I need to know where to start to see what is damaged.

Dude...That's a pretty vague post. What screw got sheared off. Did you loose coolant or oil. What did the motor do that makes you 'think' you cooked your engine???

I just tried to give better explanation but it told me I didn't have permission to post so here I go again.The hole is in the clutch cover and are parts 16 and 17 on engine brakedown on the sites that give me engine brakedown.It is close to the tip of the back brake lever below the screw that goes up on a angle below the oil filter,I hope it's just a bleeder but not sure.I rode the thing probably for 40 to 100 kms like this which I think means I may have run her dry on oil.The next day I put a bit of oil in it and it seemed to have no compression with oil in it but hole still there.I guess this will give me a chance to do some of the mods u guys are suggesting while I got her open.I don't know what to look for once the engine is open but I should get a bit of a view when I take the clutch cover off.

Post up pics when you get it apart, lots of great help here. Check the FAQ on how to ship a motor in case you want to go that route.

So,I've decided that since I gotta open her up I'm gonna drop a 440 Big Bore Kit in it.It's a JE piston kit with sleave so I will have to re-sleeve the head.What are the general thoughts on this? I've seen the kit with head sleeved but costs quite a bit more.Am I gonna end up paying the same if I get mine re-sleeved?Should I get the kit with it already done? It defenitly seems like compression is gone so why not put a bigger piston in.Any info or advice appreciated,thanks.

sometimes a hole in the engine (depends on where it is?) leads to all sorts. Its like having a sore foot but you decide to replace the whole leg......

So,I've decided that since I gotta open her up I'm gonna drop a 440 Big Bore Kit in it.It's a JE piston kit with sleave so I will have to re-sleeve the head.What are the general thoughts on this? I've seen the kit with head sleeved but costs quite a bit more.Am I gonna end up paying the same if I get mine re-sleeved?Should I get the kit with it already done? It defenitly seems like compression is gone so why not put a bigger piston in.Any info or advice appreciated,thanks.

If it's a pressed in iron sleeve the combined wisdom on this forum is to not go that route. Get a cylinder works or millenium technology kit instead.