Sign in to follow this  

Cannot wheelie!!

I'm on a cr 125, and I just got it this year. and I can't even get the wheel of the ground when I'm sitting down. When I'm standing up i can get it off the ground but cant hold it. Any tips on what I can do?

I'm on a cr 125, and I just got it this year. and I can't even get the wheel of the ground when I'm sitting down. When I'm standing up i can get it off the ground but cant hold it. Any tips on what I can do?

Start by wheeling a bicycle or a XR 100.

A 125 two-stroke has a very small powerband, which make it hard to learn

on.

But it can be done, think about a gearing change or learning to drag the rear brake..

Try pulling the bars a bit, while sitting over the rear wheel, and give a blip of throttle, in the powerband. Make sure you can get it down easily, always cover the rear brake! :smirk:

Sounds like your spinning the rear wheel. Maybe popping the clutch too hard?

Try putting your chest over the handle bar pad. Then let the clutch out with the throttle open almost wide open, but don't just dump it. Keep a sense of how much the rear wheel is spinning because you want the bike to grab some traction. As you do this shift your weight back hard on the seat.

Something for me personally that helped while learning to wheelie was to keep my upper body forward once the bike was in the sweet spot. It negates the feeling of tipping over backwards some and allows you to focus more on going forward than over backwards. :smirk:

P.S. Oh yea forgot to mention. I flipped my bike over in 1st gear, 2nd gear, 3rd gear and 4th gear while learning. :smirk::prof::lol: :lol: You're not going to find the sweet spot if you are afraid of looping out or tipping over backwards.

i had a CRF150R, was the easiest bike to wheelie. i could get it up in every gear and didnt need the clutch most of the time and could go for miles, until i fliped it in about 4th gear and hurt my back pretty bad lol

try learn on soft ground if possible and dont keep trying when your arms are tired, thats when youl flip it for shure. also what works for others wont nessesserily work for you but dont forget the back brake.

Dude I have no problem doing wheelies on my KTM 500. Here's my method, I hope it will help:

Put the bike in whatever gear I feel like it

Open the throttle somewhat past 1/2 way open.

That seems to work every time without a problem! I don't see what your issue is?

Ok just kidding, I've had the bike about a week and am still a little excited about it.

If you want to wheelie a 125 you should try cruising it in 2nd gear about half throttle, right before the powerband kicks in. Then lean back a little bit over the seat, but centered enough so that you can still give the bars a good tug. Then snap the throttle wide open and give it a nice little tug backwards about a quarter to a half second later and you should be able to loft the front end up and over no problem.

i got a crf 250x its fun as hell my buddys got a yamaha 450r nd we always go down the street or any open area side by side to see who can do the longest wheelie

i just started practicing wheelies today on my 450, been mostly track riding lately. found a long, low traffic, township road to practice on. the bike has no problem "powering" up in 2nd gear, but is much easier to "clutch" up. My issue is not the initiating of a wheelie, but the sustaining of it...they were so much easier on my TRX450R!!!:ride:

i got a crf 250x its fun as hell my buddys got a yamaha 450r nd we always go down the street or any open area side by side to see who can do the longest wheelie

Cool dude! I think that story of your really helped answer the guy's question.

I just got back in from riding, and yea I can get the front wheel up fine, but i cant keep it up. But i am getting better

keep in mind that a power wheelie will continue to accelerate as the gear your in winds out, whereas a "clutch/balance" wheelie will be at any speed you'd like...

take heart, i too can loft the front end, (pre-loading the forks and tugging works the best) but can't keep it there for more than about 25 feet. Any more than that, and the bike starts to feel like it's gonna shoot out from under me, due to my inability to balance it yet. Just a matter of getting used to the way the bike feels in that attitude.

pull in the clutch shift her into second hold the throttle wide open, dump the clutch and give her hell :ride:

hahahahahaha

hey guys I got the wheelie sitting down but not standing. when you guys stand up do you lean into the bars or still keep your weight back?

I also have trouble reaching my levers at that angle!