Sign in to follow this  

2011 350sxf not running well

Bike has started running badly, following symptoms:-

Starts from cold but if you leave on idol, engine will stop after 10secs (it slows down just before it stops)

It seems a bit dirty off the bottom, if it had carb you would think pilot jet was blocked, when you blip throttle it bogs, ok if you wind on slowly.

On the track it is low on power and just doesn't quite run right.

Fast idle does nothing and turning to adjust idol does not seem to do anything either.

I have taken all the plugs apart I can find and they all look OK.

Any ideas? I thought there may be some dirt in the injector but not sure if I should take it apart as it is not in workshop manual.

No errors on FI lamp.

Any ideas?

Live in SE London, was booked in for Canada Heights tomorrow :-(

Gutted mate,im in kent but i take mine to midwest husaberg in wiltshire,my injector was working at 90% so got new one 85 quid

Bike has started running badly, following symptoms:-

Starts from cold but if you leave on idol, engine will stop after 10secs (it slows down just before it stops)

It seems a bit dirty off the bottom, if it had carb you would think pilot jet was blocked, when you blip throttle it bogs, ok if you wind on slowly.

On the track it is low on power and just doesn't quite run right.

Fast idle does nothing and turning to adjust idol does not seem to do anything either.

I have taken all the plugs apart I can find and they all look OK.

Any ideas? I thought there may be some dirt in the injector but not sure if I should take it apart as it is not in workshop manual.

No errors on FI lamp.

Any ideas?

Hi, Take a read through this thread.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=925894&page=10

Sounds like similiar symptoms that I have experienced, my bike would get better through the day. I have installed the new inline fuel filter and did not have any problems when I rode on Sunday :-)

Edited by FoxRider

I believe the 2012 has a new inline fuel filter to hopefully prevent issues like this.

FYI, I took the bike to the dealer as it was due for the gearbox bearing recall anyway, they said it is a common problem that dirt gets by the fuel pump filter and ends up stuck in the injector, can be so small you can not see it. Runs like new again now.

As YamaLink mentioned, inline fuel filter ordered!

curious, it just seems to me that everytime I see one of these threads of clogged injectors its always in the UK?? maybe not always

Mike

There´s lots of rain in UK and thus loads of muck flying around ... :ride:

FYI, I took the bike to the dealer as it was due for the gearbox bearing recall anyway, they said it is a common problem that dirt gets by the fuel pump filter and ends up stuck in the injector, can be so small you can not see it. Runs like new again now.

As YamaLink mentioned, inline fuel filter ordered!

Order the throttle pos. sensor rubber cap too while at it !

Ville Do you have the part number for the rubber cap?