Anyone around Fort Collins

Colorado

Anyone around the Fort want to help me give my bike a once-over? I'm having some trouble starting it and also have some questions about how the clutch is acting. I'm not new to mechanical things, but I'm new to this bike and dirt bikes in general. Thought I'd just take it to the Honda place, but if I can get out and ride tomorrow maybe...

I'd have some beer in the fridge but I just moved into a new house so my garage is a mess. If we needed we could always take it out to my shop.

Much appreciated

-r

What is your bike?

DON'T TAKE IT TO THE HONDA SHOP. Last's a last resort.

Its a CRF 450r

Clutch wont seem to disengagewhen pulled it seems. Back wheel spins free in neutral but in first with the clutch in, it trust to turn the motor over.

don't know if that has anything to do with it not starting, but not sure what else to do just yet.

I read through four or five chapters related to troubleshooting starting problems in the Clymer manualbut I figurehaving a ship take a look might allow me to get out today and ride.

I'm limited to my phone and the search function doesn't work in my browser. I'm sure there are a bunch of threads related to this... I just can't get to them.

Lame... Trial City Cycle is the only place open and they have a 4 day backlog. Looks like no ridey ridey for me today.

Lame... Trial City Cycle is the only place open and they have a 4 day backlog. Looks like no ridey ridey for me today.

Call me at 970.488.0543

-Travis

Call me at 970.488.0543

-Travis

Sorry Travis. Missed your post.

I ended up getting to ride after all. I had planned on taking a helmet back to tri city and swapping it for a different one today. The guy helping me with that has the exact same bike and gave me some stuff to try. Drained the Carb and Bob's your uncle... fired right up.

So many thanks to that dude. His name is on the paperwork but I can't remember it right off hand.

-r

That clutch issue is typical for wet clutch if the bike is not running it will hang up in gear even with the clutch pulled in.

That clutch issue is typical for wet clutch if the bike is not running it will hang up in gear even with the clutch pulled in.

That makes sense. I've learned two things this week. I'll mark that as a success.