Sign in to follow this  

BRP on the dunes

Took my 650l on Silver Lake sand dunes. Lowered my tire pressure to 4 lbs. Tire has 1000 miles on it so not much knob left, but she did great.

First 20 minutes of being on the dunes for the first time with a motorcycle was sketchy. After that, things were awesome.

Lately I've been taking my XRL to the beach (all sand, no rocks/soil at all), and once you get the hang of it, it's a blast! The biggest thing to remember in the sand is to steer with throttle and rear wheel instead of relying on only pointing your front wheel where you want to go. I'm also running some pretty worn tires, been waiting for my new T63 tires to arrive, but it turns out there on indefinite back order ... might pick up a set of Shinko 700 tires instead. :smirk:

Lately I've been taking my XRL to the beach (all sand, no rocks/soil at all), and once you get the hang of it, it's a blast! The biggest thing to remember in the sand is to steer with throttle and rear wheel instead of relying on only pointing your front wheel where you want to go. I'm also running some pretty worn tires, been waiting for my new T63 tires to arrive, but it turns out there on indefinite back order ... might pick up a set of Shinko 700 tires instead. :smirk:

plus 1 on the shinko's, I,ve has both the 700's and 244's and you can't beat em for the price.

took my XRR to silver lake last Oct. I'd ridden a YZ426 that I had out there before but the BRP did awesome with the added weight. the D606 worked perfectly but I had a less aggressive more D/S tire up front so it didn't grab as well.