Sign in to follow this  

cr250 can i change the frame

hi there just woundering if anybody could tell me if a 1996 cr250 engine would go in a aluminuim new frame 2000 onwards thanks.

with most engine swaps the answer is yes it will fit just depends how much modding you have to do to make it fit.

You can make any engine fit, it just depends on how determined you are to do it, and how capable you are with working with metal.

Ask the guys in the actual CR section of the site here, a lot of them have done cross-generational, or at least year to year motor swaps.

does anyone now if my forks and swing arm will go on the newer frame too thanks for the help

yes the engine will fit forks possible too from looking and parts refrences it says cr 250 eng is the same 92-01

your pipe wont fit, your plastic wont fit, your seat wont fit, your airbox and subframe wont fit, your swingarm and rear shock wont fit, your gas tank wont fit, your radiators wont fit.. am I missing anything?

your pipe wont fit, your plastic wont fit, your seat wont fit, your airbox and subframe wont fit, your swingarm and rear shock wont fit, your gas tank wont fit, your radiators wont fit.. am I missing anything?

Wiring harness?