Bike feels overly heavy

I've always been a little surprised at how heavy my 08' SM feels, but when physically lifting it into the bed of my truck, or even when pushing/rolling it around, but I figured it was just the nature of my bike.

However, recently I helped move a buddy's SM around and his was substantially easier to lift and push around. He also comment on my SM being heavier to lift and harder to push around.

Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing my bike to feel so heavy? As far as I know its a regular 08' SM, the only mod that I can think of that might cause a little extra weight is that the bike has a slightly larger battery than stock, but its only about a 1/4" larger than the stock one.

Put it on a scale... only take a few moments, pretty hard thing for people to sort out for you online

make sure you don't have a brake dragging. put it on a stand and give em a good whirl. Little harder to do the rear and get an honest feel to see if it's dragging. You might try to go for a short ride and without using the rear brake. Then jump off and feel the disc. it shouldn't be very hot if you haven't used the brake.

make sure you don't have a brake dragging. put it on a stand and give em a good whirl. Little harder to do the rear and get an honest feel to see if it's dragging. You might try to go for a short ride and without using the rear brake. Then jump off and feel the disc. it shouldn't be very hot if you haven't used the brake.

+1 also check the chain for drag, worn, rusty.

Its a heavy bike for sure, friend of mine owns a ktm 450 exc sm an the weight differance is huge.

+2..Yeah..Check the brakes for draggin and poor chain condition...

And maybe you had a full tank of fuel and your buddy's was near empty....

...chain drag?

...chain drag?

Worn out rusty chain will bind, feels like having the brakes on. Also check the tire presure. One of the other poster said it, place the bike on a stand & turn the wheels to make sure all is free.

What about the wheel bearings? Make sure brakes are not touching and spin to test.

low tire PSI would make it harder to push

What bike does your buddy have? His might be a lot lighter than yours.

What bike does your buddy have? His might be a lot lighter than yours.

He has an 07' SM, mines an 08' SM

My bikes only got 5,800 KM's on it so I certainly hope the chain or wheel bearings arnt worn out already

low tire PSI would make it harder to push

+1 :smirk:

I have a theory, but I need to find-out whose bike did you push first.

Yours or his?:smirk:

Eat beef! :smirk:

I have a theory, but I need to find-out whose bike did you push first.

Yours or his?:smirk:

lol :smirk:

Did you push his downhill and yours up?