Sign in to follow this  

Motocross the smell of pro motocross

So, I was spectating this weekend @ Freestone

The last pro-race I've been to was the A1 opener in 2010 and I remember smelling race gas pretty

I havent been on a bike in 5-6 years and remember the pungent smell of race gas constantly when i was on the track

@ freestone, i got a small whiff of it on the opening laps, but after that it went away..and i stood as close as possible to the track where permitted.

I attribute this to EFI- what do you think? Think about it..its more precise, the fuel isnt wasted and its burnt better.

What do you ya'll think?

The last pro-race I've been to was the A1 opener in 2010 and I remember smelling race gas pretty

I havent been on a bike in 5-6 years and remember the pungent smell of race gas constantly when i was on the track

@ freestone, i got a small whiff of it on the opening laps, but after that it went away..and i stood as close as possible to the track where permitted.

I attribute this to EFI- what do you think? Think about it..its more precise, the fuel isnt wasted and its burnt better.

What do you ya'll think?

and its not falling out the carb vents

i was there and could smell the race gas every time they came by. makes me want to waste the money for race gas just to smell that again!

i was there and could smell the race gas every time they came by. makes me want to waste the money for race gas just to smell that again!

As could I but it only lasted for a couple of seconds. The wind was blowing pretty good all day long.

What do you ya'll think?

I smelled race gas everytime they went by at Hangtown:excuseme:

Ya wanna smell like them? Go git some VP at your local dealer and pour it in. Wala... You got it. But, be aware with many race fuels you actually loose power on stock, low comp, or otherwise worn out engines with poor ignition. Efi has nothing to do with smell, or lack there of during combustion. That scent is simply an additive to get ya thinkin.' Most race fuels have distinct scents much like premix oils. It creates identity. Ya know the kind that makes ya holler....... Dam!! That bike smells sooooo good. Yeah, kinda like C-12 and klotz huh? Yep:-)

SAY IT!!!!! Cuz ya know what i'm talkin' bout. That is the only true smell of outdoor pro MX.

I love the tantalizing aroma of race gas. Must be the Fonzie in me.

I smelled race gas everytime they went by at Hangtown:excuseme:

it was windy- maybe thats why.

I figgered it was either that or the efi ... :smirk:

We run normal pump 95ron with ocatane booster and moreys uper cylinder lube makes it smell lovely when your following one of ours,

Back in drag racing days we used to put a small amount of caster oil in our high HP rotary engines damm that smelled great makes me wander what affect castor oil would have on a modern 4t?

The smell of race gas, worth the price of admission.:smirk:

back in the day (up to 03-04) was the best especially in SX all 2 strokes burning premix race gas, smell lasted all day.. nothing beats that

vp u4 is good stuff and will give a stock engine a small boost in power. its only like 98 octane but its oxygenated

But U4 smells nasty! And goops up everything if it sits in a bike.

I hate riding behind those 4T's running it. I'm sure it makes great power, but that crap is stinky! Not smell good at all, IMO...

Loved castor 927 when I ran 2 smokes,smelled like heaven

Put 927 and race gas in the weedwhacker. It makes yardwork tolerable.

if i remember right VP made changes to their fuels a few years ago so the odor isnt so strong. i for one preffer the older much stronger scented fuel...kinda has a lemon scent or something lol