Sign in to follow this  

2011 left me hangin'

5 hours on the meter, bought brand new. Went to run second motos today and the bike would not idle worth a sh*t, and would gurgle like crazy. It was like riding a poorly jetted carbed 4 stroke. woudlnt start without cracking the throttle. Was muddy first moto's, washed it before the second motos for both the 250 and the 450 classes I was running, air filter is dry so thats out of the question. Ended up having to illegally run my 05 kx 125 smoker. Anybody seen this before?

There's a post on here somewhere about the TPS. Most had similar symptoms. Did you put dielectric grease on all your connectors?

I would check the electrics, bet you got water in a connector.. Or tps is causing an issue.

TPS broken. Went to unplug the connector when pulling off my truck to see if it had dirt in it or ovbious signs of water, and it was broken. Whats everybody doing to buy these things, where is the cheapest? I'm going to weld a bracket onto the motor mount there and bend some aluminum to make a guard for it because i've seen a lot of people with this issue on here.

Umm, herd someone was using a tps from a klx or something. but try TT oem according to william they will be the cheapest.. Good luck.

150 from the dealer is nuts. Deffinitely going to make a bracket to cover the new one up.

EDIT: according to kawi.com parts diagram and search for where used, the TPS sensor on the 11 250f is also used on 2003-2006 ninja zx6r street bikes, and the kfx450 quad from 08-11.

Edited by dmm698

geez. I would think it being such a common problem that kawi would cover it.

Kawi will say it worked when you took delivery, and therefor blame me for braking it, which is true. The design just leaves it hanging right out there. I'll post a picture up of a bracket when I order a new one, but that wont happen until next weekend when I get paid that I can even order it. Back to riding the trusty ole 125 smoker. Theres a few 03-06 zx6r's being parted on ebay, where you can get the entire intake manifold and the injector bodies for 150 or so with TPS, so i'm thinking about buying something like that, using the TPS and trying to resell the intake bodies and manifold to recoop some of the coin. Has anybody on here brought it up to kawi that its been a huge issue?

Kawi will say it worked when you took delivery, and therefor blame me for braking it, which is true. .............................Has anybody on here brought it up to kawi that its been a huge issue?

I infer from this that you know that you somehow broke it?

I am asking because I have never had an issue with mine and am wondering if any of these are breaking just from riding the bike?

Either it broke from spraying the bike down with the pressure washer (highly unlikely) or this is what was causing the bike to bog in my second first 250 moto. Ran it in the open as well, that moto was before 250. Went to run my second 450 moto and it was a no go bike would hardly run. It felt like it was starting to cut out a bit but I just tried to keep it in the high Rpms so it wouldnt miss a beat so bad and limped it through. Figured the filter was wet from the mud or the bike was just getting bogged up from all the extra weight untill it was just as bad after washing it and checking to find filter was dry. So my best guess would be that my boot must of caught it somehow.

I infer from this that you know that you somehow broke it?

I am asking because I have never had an issue with mine and am wondering if any of these are breaking just from riding the bike?

Yeah, im sure I had a lot to do with it breaking, most likely from my boot. The reason I asked is because its in such a poor spot, that its just asking to be ripped off. They really should of mounted in on the other side (then it would of been in the center of the frame, as opposed to hanging out begging to be snapped).