Sign in to follow this  

Cheap Brake Pads..

Sure don't last very long. Got a set of cheapy rear brake pads off Ebay, lasted about 5 or 6 rides. Were good at the end of ride before last, looked tonight when I got home, and the were completely gone. Stuck another set of cheapies on there that I had laying here, will keep a close eye on them though.

Then I guess it'll be back to EBC HHs again. They're kinda light switchy, but last a full season.

Ive been riding on the $9 sintered jobs from RM with no problems. Im a clutch and brake abuser. Organic pads only last 1-2 rides.

Ive been riding on the $9 sintered jobs from RM with no problems. Im a clutch and brake abuser. Organic pads only last 1-2 rides.

I'll check those out. Last set of EBC HHs I got were around $36.

Edit: Ordered a set of the $9.95 Sintered rears, and while I was there, ordered a set of Tusk carbon front pads for $13.95.

A heads up though.. those Sintered rear pads are on closeout, may not be here for long, grab 'em while you can.:smirk:

Edited by OLHILLBILLY

I just purchased some cheap pads of ebay,said they had kevlar in them,can't remember the name but the were like $17 front and back.Had 3 rides so far and they haven't even worn to the rotor yet,my rotor has a concave center and the pads were only touching the outer edge.

I have about 6 solid rides on these $9 jobs. Front and rear are the same. I think I saw the same ones on Ebay, same price, $9 and change.

IMG_11311.jpg

I have about 6 solid rides on these $9 jobs. Front and rear are the same. I think I saw the same ones on Ebay, same price, $9 and change.

IMG_11311.jpg

Those look like the ones I just put on, and were the $9 ones from Ebay. The ones that burnt up so fast had a black colored metal backing and came as a combo deal with a rotor I got for my other wheel.

Been muddy as all get out since I put the others on, so that may have accelerated the wear too.