Sign in to follow this  

Ken Sean mirrors

Does anyone happen to have a picture of ken sean mirrors folded down on their 650? I haven't run mirrors in two years and I had enough of looking over my shoulders when I pass someone on the highway.

even with mirrors you need to be looking over your shoulder when changing lanes

Then just what's the point of mirrors if you have to look over your shoulder anyway? If you have them adjusted you can see anything you can see by looking over your shoulders without twisting your neck all day. Do you look over you shoulder when passing someone in a car or truck? I drive a truck with a 53' trailer and if you can't use your mirrors you'll have fun trying to back down a steet in NYC to get unloaded.

Agree with bob on this one (used to drive a big rig, both flat-bed and 53'). When you're passing a vehicle, you see it in front of you, right beside you (to the right i hope), then you see the SAME vehicle in your rear view mirror and you know it's ok to pull back into the lane in front of it. If you see a different vehicle in the mirror than the one you see right beside you when passing ... well ... something else is going on and you need to really check it out.

I'll shoot one for you when I get back home. Easy to fold. You just stuff them behind the light cowling

Then just what's the point of mirrors if you have to look over your shoulder anyway? If you have them adjusted you can see anything you can see by looking over your shoulders without twisting your neck all day.

hahaha

good luck with that

:smirk:
if you lived here & only use your mirrors you are unlikely to survive past a few weeks
I made it this long riding in the northeast, NYC, Baltimore, Philadelphia using my mirrors. They even worked when I rode to from Jackonsonville FL. to San Antonio. They even worked in Houston, Waco, Austin and Dallas. Texas is a dream compared to the northeast. The populatin of the huge state of texas in 25 million. The same square milage in the northeast is close to 75 million. Add to that about 70 million of them are as:censored: and the roads are in horrible shape and I would much rather use my mirrors in the Texas than dodgeing retards and pot holes in NYC.

Mirrors work fine if you move around as you look to expand your angles and get the whole view of what's next and behind you. Unlike a car you can't sit still, glance and expect to get a good view of your surroundings. I don't like turning my head too much. I like to keep my eyes on what's in front of me. It’s not even just the cars, I've been in situations where a piece of lumber suddenly appeared from under the car in front of me and I barely had time to dodge it :smirk:. Besides the older you get the less your head will be able to turn so we all need to start practicing more mirror techniques.

I had a Ken Sean on my DRZ and it was ok but above 55mph and it started to fold over on me. I switched to the KTM military mirror and its perfect!

Also, you may want to consider the Highway Dirt Bikes setup....its niice :smirk:

www.highwaydirtbikes.com

:smirk: I made it this long riding in the northeast, NYC, Baltimore, Philadelphia using my mirrors. They even worked when I rode to from Jackonsonville FL. to San Antonio. They even worked in Houston, Waco, Austin and Dallas. Texas is a dream compared to the northeast. The populatin of the huge state of texas in 25 million. The same square milage in the northeast is close to 75 million. Add to that about 70 million of them are as:censored: and the roads are in horrible shape and I would much rather use my mirrors in the Texas than dodgeing retards and pot holes in NYC.

lucky i guess.

I had a Ken Sean on my DRZ and it was ok but above 55mph and it started to fold over on me. I switched to the KTM military mirror and its perfect!

Also, you may want to consider the Highway Dirt Bikes setup....its niice :smirk:

www.highwaydirtbikes.com

I had the same issues with the Sean Kens. Then I adjusted the tension of the spring below the swivel ball and no more problems.

lucky i guess.
Luck, skill and the fact I know how to use the mirrors helps some.

I had the same issues with the Sean Kens. Then I adjusted the tension of the spring below the swivel ball and no more problems.

I had the same issue with one of the mirrors (the other continues to be just fine). I tightened the mechanism at the bottom and it was fine for a while. Then it started folding in the breeze again, even though the ball-and-socket mechanism was as tight as it would go. I dropped 3 copper BB's in the socket portion and re-installed the mirror/shaft. No more movement. :smirk: