02 crf450r - new to me - few ?s

After a few years without a bike, I just picked up an 02 crf50r. I just want to make sure I remember everything correctly, and had a few questions.

Oil: w/moly on motor side & without on clutch side - correct? (or rotella for both sides?) - what if I switch to synthetic? I know not to use "energy saving"

Sag: 100mm - correct?

Gas: should I use 93, 100av, or race gas with the following mods...

-new OEM crank / rod

-new OEM cylinder

-new ’06 cylinder head

-13.5:1 JE piston kit

-RHC 187 cam

-Ferrea coated valves and springs

Search every question you asked has been answered ~100 times

I did search, and I was just confirming because I've spent the last 2 hours just reading. My main question was about the gas with these specific mods. I have read many conflicting answers regarding 13:1 vs 13.5:1 vs 14.5:1.

run rotella and just be done with that , as far as gas you could try pump gas and just pay attention to signs of detonation, i didnt see where your from but if your in good old california our gas sucks in the summer

Just run Rotella on both side.

You can run upto 13.5:1 on 91 (93 if you can get it) pump gas.

If you want to save some money, you could probably stick with the stock '02 Cam. It is very aggressive, and loves high compression (some even compare it to the Stage 2 Hot Cam)

Also, is your cylinder actually out of spec? Give it a good going over with some soapy water and a scotch-brite pad to deglaze it (or a quick shot with a hone and oil if you have one). You can run hundreds, and I mean hundreds of hours on these cylinders before they are truly worn out. MELK-MAN had over 800 Hours on his cylinder before replaced it, and if I recall at that point, it was just at the service limit.

what you need to be asking your self is this , did you buy it with these mods or did you do them after? the guy you bought it from should have told you what gas was recomended with that piston , or if you did it after , you should have thought about the octain thing when you bought the piston ,honestly i just dont understand why a rec rider would put a high comp piston in ,and limit there there self to race gas ,unless you have good access to race fuel,

the big piston sounds great when you bought it, but in the end was it worth having to spend the extra money everytime you have to fill that tank, or have the feeling in the pit of your stomach that theres a real possablity that you going to blow a hole in the top of your piston , because you chanced it and ran pump gas , and got a batch of crappy low octaine .for myself alot of research would have went into the front end of piston selection with some real proof of what i could get away with.a huge amount of money could be shit down the toilet ,by asking after the fact , by some unknowns here.

run rotella and just be done with that , as far as gas you could try pump gas and just pay attention to signs of detonation, i didnt see where your from but if your in good old california our gas sucks in the summer

Thanks and in Texas.

Just run Rotella on both side.

You can run upto 13.5:1 on 91 (93 if you can get it) pump gas.

If you want to save some money, you could probably stick with the stock '02 Cam. It is very aggressive, and loves high compression (some even compare it to the Stage 2 Hot Cam)

Also, is your cylinder actually out of spec? Give it a good going over with some soapy water and a scotch-brite pad to deglaze it (or a quick shot with a hone and oil if you have one). You can run hundreds, and I mean hundreds of hours on these cylinders before they are truly worn out. MELK-MAN had over 800 Hours on his cylinder before replaced it, and if I recall at that point, it was just at the service limit.

Don't know if it was out spec.

That was a big help. Have they really been answered 100 times...EACH??

Read more, type less ?

Thanks.

what you need to be asking your self is this , did you buy it with these mods or did you do them after? the guy you bought it from should have told you what gas was recomended with that piston , or if you did it after , you should have thought about the octain thing when you bought the piston ,honestly i just dont understand why a rec rider would put a high comp piston in ,and limit there there self to race gas ,unless you have good access to race fuel,

the big piston sounds great when you bought it, but in the end was it worth having to spend the extra money everytime you have to fill that tank, or have the feeling in the pit of your stomach that theres a real possablity that you going to blow a hole in the top of your piston , because you chanced it and ran pump gas , and got a batch of crappy low octaine .for myself alot of research would have went into the front end of piston selection with some real proof of what i could get away with.a huge amount of money could be shit down the toilet ,by asking after the fact , by some unknowns here.

I bought it this way. He was running 93. I don't mind running race gas or av gas. I have access to both (one is down the street and the other is on the way to track). For me, I am just a weekend warrior who doesn't want to (and can't afford) to put a new engine in, so I want to run the right stuff.

In the past I had an 03 crf450r and I changed the oil after every ride (both sides) and the oil filter every other ride. I cleaned the air filter every ride. I plan on doing the same here. I would rather pay $5-$10 extra per ride for oil/gas, than $1500 on a motor...

That was a big help. Have they really been answered 100 times...EACH??

Read more, type less ?

I do read more and type less that's how I know every question has been answered. Sorry to exaggerate. No one on here ever does that about how big that hill was or how high that jump was.