dr 350s cdi box!!!

ok so does anyone rebuild cdi boxs or do you have to buy a new one!!???

Are you sure the CDI has gone bad?

Disassembly is the hardest part of fixing these things. They are usually potted in dense RTV or epoxy. I tried to get into a RMZ250 CDI and it was nearly impossible without seriously damaging critical components. I tried several chemical baths to break it down, but I wasn't successful.

You can usually find replacements on eBay for $100 or so. Make sure you get the right model. Dual pickups are used after 1993 or so. I can use the connectors off of your failed unit if you want to sell it for a nominal fee. PM me if you are interested.

yea im almost positive its bad, i have replace every electrical component on my bike including a wiring harness, cleaned and replaced all grounds,

i looked on ebay and i found one for a 95 dr350s i won the bid but once it got to the house it was missing one of the connectors!

the bike is bad azz i just dont have 500$ for a new cdi box, i might have to sell it and upgrade to a dr650 or something

Are you sure it's not the stator? Either the source coil or the pickup coil(s) could be bad.

well i had the stator off and was checking all the wires and connection everything seems fine it looks brand new still now splits in the copper wiring or what ever it is. and the pickup coil is brand new

well i had the stator off and was checking all the wires and connection everything seems fine it looks brand new still now splits in the copper wiring or what ever it is. and the pickup coil is brand new

You need to check the stator for the proper resistances with a multimeter -- the pickup coil could be internally shorted and you would never know.

If you don't have a manual, do a google search for 'dr350 manual' (no quotes,) and download one. Resistances for the pickup coils are listed.

definitely rule out the stator before you buy anything. They look the same on the outside whether they are good or bad until you check the ohms on all the different wire combos that must be checked. There is a guy in cali that everyone referred me to, and he was able to walk me through testing mine right over the phone. someone on here might remember his name, but he can help you test it and possibly repair your old one depending on which poles may need repaired.