Let's see your custom part(s) for your DR-Z, self-made or bought.

Why loud? Fits perfectly. Need to get top end back before I can truly give a review. Clear anodized.

the throttle plate vibrates with the engine pulses. It's really noticeable at idle with the seat off, especially on older carbs. Just wondering if it was louder.

Yeah the carb housing gets a groove in it when it gets old from the throttle cart which causes vibration and the original plate to crack which then gets sucked into your piston and.... I know of 3 mates that have had the same problem...

I made a GPS bracket out of a piece of aluminum angle and made an flat aluminum bracket to bolt my tool holder to. After all the sawing, cutting and drilling of your aluminum parts, deburr them, then sand them in one direction with finer paper or use a "Scotchbrite" pad. Clean with a suitable solvent and apply clearcoat finish to make them look almost like a factory part. I found a tough clearcoat for wheels at the auto parts store which works great.

Cheers,

:ride:

Wow, that is some really nice work. ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Diverdown said:

Can you post a pic, I'm interested in some.

At the moment they are covered up by the Nelson-Rigg bags packed for a desert trip in the morning. You want pics with bags or without? Basically I can say, they fit perfectly, very good welds, thick hammertone powdercoat, pretty light. I have the "heavy duty" ones https://www.dirtracks.com/collections/drz400s-sm/products/suzuki-drz400s-sm-saddlebag-support-racks-heavy-duty

• Like 3

At the moment they are covered up by the Nelson-Rigg bags packed for a desert trip in the morning. You want pics with bags or without? Basically I can say, they fit perfectly, very good welds, thick hammertone powdercoat, pretty light. I have the "heavy duty" ones https://www.dirtracks.com/collections/drz400s-sm/products/suzuki-drz400s-sm-saddlebag-support-racks-heavy-duty

Have fun!...Looked at the pics on your link, no need, me want ! [emoji106]
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...