Sign in to follow this  

Last Great Ride

I did a 5 hour and 25 minute race on the 2006 yz 250 (130) miles on a gp course. Was a beautiful day and the yz never ran better, there was a grass straight away and every time i hit it i would speed shift into 5th gear and the front end would stand up then i would have to let off the throttle or the bike would have for sure flipped over:thumbsup:. in the end I switched my 2 stroke to a new ktm 250 xc. 33 years on yz's but I wanted something easy to put lights on. If yami ever comes out with a yz300w then i will for sure be back.

IMG_5573.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

eddie1.jpg

Great picture. Something abotu that shot makes me remember why dirt riding is so cool.

We can fix that KTm you just bought with a can of blue spray paint, so no problem there!

Great picture. Something abotu that shot makes me remember why dirt riding is so cool.

We can fix that KTm you just bought with a can of blue spray paint, so no problem there!

I agree with that.

Hey, I know that track. Great GP course at Eddieville and the MX track is nice as well.

Great place to ride.

Hey, I know that track. Great GP course at Eddieville and the MX track is nice as well.

Great place to ride.

I love eddyville! in fact i thought those pictures were from eddyville but i saw no wind towers lol, we never miss our trip up there once a year for a playday great gp course, not so great mx track but still lots of fun!

Nice photos. You gonna sell that YZ then? Gotta pay for that Austrian engineering somehow!

Let us know how the 250XC does. If you can do wheel stands on command there's people out there who'd like to know.

Yes was at eddieville 6 hour race 5:25 ride time, sold the yz, have about 400 miles on the xc, I like it pretty well but the cramped ergos and twitchy turning take a little getting used to. Night rode it with my helmet light 4 nights in a row on the stock charging system. 2009 250xc N.O.S.