Sign in to follow this  

catching hell!!!

hey guys...ive stopped racing mx and got more into trails..woods racing..and ive setup a ground up rebuild on a 04 yz 295...this bike is heavily modded for woods. you name it its been covered, but some people r laughing saying its a ***** bike because i have hand guards...:smirk: these boys are 19-21 yrs old and im 28 been riding racing since age 4. 6 yrs old on tracks and these little punks been rifor two yrs... so how do you deal with this?

Why would that bother you??? If you're 28 years old, why do you care what a bunch of punk kids think? Anyway, what you should do is get in front of them on the track and roost the crap out of them until they go get some handguards of their own!

yea lol...well i come from a mx background and you dont see that many hand guards on bikes there but getting older sucks and i damn sure dont want to hit a tree with my fist lol...these brats cant even clean a carb. and bitch about hill climbs but were metal mulisha cloths :smirk: when i raced i practiced in the woods on single track and mud yea they bitch about the 295 and maxxcross it lol

I'm 39....imagine the comments that get said about me when I show up at the MX track with my 650r. :smirk: Who cares! I'm having fun and that's all that matters.

Dude, if you are letting them bother you then you have other issues. :smirk:

If they outride you, then deal with it. If you can out ride them, then let them deal with it. :smirk:

Tell them they're for knocking down small trees and hitting other racers hands :smirk:

Why would that bother you??? If you're 28 years old, why do you care what a bunch of punk kids think? Anyway, what you should do is get in front of them on the track and roost the crap out of them until they go get some handguards of their own!

+1! Also, make sure to laugh at them when they bust their hands up on a tree! :smirk:

that just shows how inexperienced they are.

There is more to riding than repeat laps at a track.

Woods, off road, trailriding is all i do. Its a blast. New technical obstacles every turn, seeing amazing scenery. I want to see them go for a trail ride and #1 just break their hands on limbs/rocks and #2 take a fall and have to ride back 30 miles with a broken clutch lever. Im sure they will have handguards after that.

I put Acerbis pro rally guards on my Kx250f, why?...becuaes i bought for woods riding, and same thing I don;t want to chance smacking my fist into a tree.

i'm 37 (now) and well, the older you get the slower yu heal...plus my job requires the use of both hands..lol...the kids you speak of, probably don;t have FT jobs either.

SHEESH!! you are bothered enough by comments from children to write in this forum about an accessory that 90% of OFFROAD riders use?? why even give it any thought? "catching hell"?? i guess pre schoolers could give you hell too if you stop and ask them about certain subjects. time to man up and not ever worry what a punk 19 yr old says about nearly ANYTHING!

Joe

• Like 1

Call them wimps for not trying woods racing. Tell them to try a H/S or enduro and then spout off.

Tell them they're for knocking down small trees and hitting other racers hands :smirk:

They're also great for kidney shots in tight quarters.:smirk:

Call them wimps for not trying woods racing. Tell them to try a H/S or enduro and then spout off.

I always tease the MX guys....."Real men ain't skeered to lose sight of the parking lot":p

When CaveMike little, many other cave children tease him, make fun of CaveMike for be slow and hairy. One day CaveMike go hunt mammoth, fall down ice crevice, get frozen. When him wake up, all these children dead. Been dead for many thousands years. See, everything work out for CaveMike. Probably work out for you too. If not, try club them with handguards. Very difficult to tease while be clubbed. Almost impossible.

...If not, try club them with handguards. Very difficult to tease while be clubbed. Almost impossible.:smirk:

Good point, CaveMike

Take them bushwhacking in the tight trees to initiate them into dirt biking. Oh yeah get in front and bring a camera

it dont bother me real bad but these guys around here that do have bikes and not quads dont really ride!!!! they go to one little spot and try to jump lol they suck in the woods...ive had to ride their bikes up sections that they say is STUPID ha ha.and their shit is falling apart i mea damn it gives us a bad name is why it bothers me.one of them said when i made fun of his air filter that cleaning it is a waste of time and that i spend money on dumb stuff.. instead of metal mulisha shirts and fox shirts lol...by CATCHING HELL i mean i am a litle but WE all are because of this shit..they want to ride WFO through neighbor hoods and pass four wheelers on the back wheel, ride wheelies in front of parked riders...i mean damnit this is why you cant ride anywhere!! :smirk: and by the way its my wifes cousin and his punk friends and no they dont have jobs!!! ive had one since 15yo and now im a machinist in the USW thats why i buy stupid stuff like hand guards lol:lol: like i told em tho if your a really fast good rider put your ass on the track...or technical single track thanks guys for your input:thumbsup:

CaveMike thought him simple until read this. Him feel almost intellectual now.

• Like 1