Sign in to follow this  

David Kamo riding 450X

Apologies if this has been posted, but ISDE and off-road racer David Kamo is now aboard a 450X!

From his blog.....

I just got back Tuesday from the Mexican 1000 down in Baja. I was down there with Chilly White helping him out with his vintage bike. When Thursday came around I headed up to Zip Ty Husqvarna and canceled my contract on good terms. I financially couldn’t afford to race and was planning on heading back home to Idaho Sunday.

I was planning on trying to get a job at the local bike shop or working contruction on a paving crew. I got a call from Johnny Cambell Friday night and ended up meeting with him Saturday morning. I ended up signing with JCR/Honda that morning to race Baja 500 and 1000 on the B team, and the Naitonal Hare and Hounds. I borrowed a stock 450x Honda from Johnny to race the enduro up at Gorman on Sunday. I am now staying down in Escondido, CA and preparing for the Baja 500. I can’t wait to get out and ride!

Thanks,

David Kamo

David Pearson and now David Kamo.....two of my favorite all time National Hare and Hound racers off the KTM's (or Husky) and aboard the 450X this year. Right on!!

I borrowed a stock 450x Honda from Johnny to race the enduro up at Gorman on Sunday.

He finished second, a mere 45 seconds behind Kendall Norman, on a relatively unfamiliar bike. Pretty impressive. Anxious to see how he does down in Baja.

He finished second, a mere 45 seconds behind Kendall Norman, on a relatively unfamiliar bike. Pretty impressive. Anxious to see how he does down in Baja.

Kamo is in the realm of freaky talent like Norman IMHO. He's a tough competitor too. Seems like he would be on the short list for the B team anyway with all his racing experience especially.:smirk: I'm anticipating some GREAT racing!!:smirk: