The big stories at Freestone

The big stories at Freestone. There were plenty:

• RD#1's bike shutdown. He was riding awesome.
  • Craig's fluent riding style. Freaky fast with no effort.
  • Old Frenchy #377 pulls out because he did not like the handling of his YZF.
  • Musquin's broken thumb. Major bummer. Just starting to warm up.
  • RV#2 not having anything for RD and CR#22. Perhaps the heat and he's not recovered from his illness.
  • Fro not knowing it gets very hot in South Africa.
  • Erin's eye makeup. What the?

Yeah what's up with #377. I thought he said he chose that bike cuz it suited him. Read on mxa today that vuillemin (pourcell's team manager) used to do the same sort of thing back in his pro days and now he has to deal with the same thing.

• RV#2 not having anything for RD and CR#22. Perhaps the heat and he's not recovered from his illness.

As far as the last big story goes... i dont know, i wasnt looking at her eyes!! ?:smirk:

Yeah what's up with #377. I thought he said he chose that bike cuz it suited him. Read on mxa today that vuillemin (pourcell's team manager) used to do the same sort of thing back in his pro days and now he has to deal with the same thing.

if you look at the history of the french,you would know they have mastered the art of surrender:ride:??

• Like 1

Freestone...1st time there, I learned:

• While HOT...plenty of shade to go around...so it could be worse, a lot worse!
  • I didn't find a spot where you could see most of the track from...not sure it exists
  • They need to set up some Jumbo screens .... in strategic loc's
  • The PA system sucks, so don't rely on it
  • The local radio broadcast is far worse than anything you've ever heard on TV
  • No charge for parking...SWEET!
  • Pretty easy in/out ... but if you're late, you'll wait

Racing was pretty good overall, I will go again.

this one is suprising since Reed has the reputation of being better at sx than outdoors

The BIGGEST story IMO is that the much maligned YZ450F finished 2nd overall (Millsaps) and 5th overall (Dietrich). How could this happen when one notable "star" says it's so bad that it's not even worth racing? I don't know but something about the situation stinks - and it isn't the YZ!?

• Like 1

The BIGGEST story IMO is that the much maligned YZ450F finished 2nd overall (Millsaps) and 5th overall (Dietrich). How could this happen when one notable "star" says it's so bad that it's not even worth racing? I don't know but something about the situation stinks - and it isn't the YZ!?

?

Very dissapointed with CP...I hope there is some underlying reason like bike had lost some power/overheating SOMETHING... your a pro, suck it up and take hit with a lower overall but stay in it for the points. There are privateers that would give their first born to be a fully sponsered rider like him who would drag their bike across the finish line if it ment a couple extra points. Spoiled riders these days.....

EDIT: really kinda hated on the guy there, i usualy try and look at riders completely unbiased but still...u quit because u didnt like the handling...theres testing for this, im pretty sure you didnt get suprised on race day and with his talent he could have had a mid pack ride which would be better then riding off the track. Not a hater of the rider..just this action he pulled.