Possible Replate or Piston Deposites? Photos

Was about to replace my piston with a Wiseco so i stripped her down to reveal this, Im not sure weather it needs a replate or if thats where the piston skirt may have been rubbing on the barrel, have yet to have a real good attempt to clean it but i did go over it with a bit of 180 and theres no gouges in it just a difference in colour? I wondered if i had a real good bash at it if it would come off or is that the plating gone?

DSC_1639.jpg

DSC_1640.jpg

DSC_1641.jpg

DSC_1642.jpg

DSC_1638.jpg

The bike still sounded sweet as a nut and ran strong, i was only changing the piston as part of routine maintenance!

yep, your plating is worn though. I just had the same thing last summer....

Seems to be common on the 99+ yz250's, all three of my cylinders looked like that at some point.

send it out for a replate

Yeah i made an executive decision and stripped it down, got the week off so im going to take it to Langcourt for a re-plate, i just hop it don't cost to much!

should be about £110-130 if you strip the powervalve and studs. Make sure to take your new piston along with it too.

should be about £110-130 if you strip the powervalve and studs. Make sure to take your new piston along with it too.

Powervalve's out gonna try and get the studs out tomorrow morning and take it up to Weston, Will take the Wiseco piston with me also, I wonder if the Wiseco is the best piston for me to take as it's a one size fits all piston, would i not be better off with an oem 'a' or 'b'?