Oil how much?!?!

I am sure this is has been covered a few times.... We just got a 2007 crf150r and the motor blew the third time it was out. Other than a blown motor… Love the bike, my kid loves it, not a racer just a track rider, said much easier to ride than his YZ 85. Said it is much easier to corner than the 2 stroke. Easier for me, one gas can… I just want him to fun and be safe, I have enough rods and screws for the all of us! :smirk:

Any how many cc’s on each side? 650cc? Also we will need a complete top end, cam, piston and so on. Anyone go to a 170cc? Harder to sell later? Much faster? If you go to the 170cc then you to mess with carb?

Thx for your help!! Hard to do research having 6 kids!

Autism MX!

We just got a 2007 crf150r and the motor blew the third time it was out

What did you do run it out of motor oil??

Any how many cc’s on each side? 650cc?

I take that your ref to motor/transmission oil there is a dipstick for the Motor oil and it about 3/4 of quart of oil with a new oil filter as for the Transmission side there there is a overflow bolt rigth next to water pump cover just like on all old 2 stroke, any way it takes just hair over 1/2 quart oil.

Like any Big Bore kit it just give you more hosepower and torque and yes you have to re-tune the carb a bit like tab bigger main and pilot jet it should tell this in the manuel that come with kit.

Edited by shspvr

Nope, just unlucky, the Oil Pump died. Yep "motor/transmission" both sides. Thanks for info!

Nope, just unlucky, the Oil Pump died. Yep "motor/transmission" both sides. Thanks for info!

I was just wondering was it the plastic driven gear for oil pump that fail?.

Just so you know the Oil Pump them self do not fail but 99% of the time it the pressure rellief valve is what fail or oil passage seal that fail or the oil jet on left side of crankcase may have come out.

To be honest I don’t know, my mechanic just said the oil pump was bad. I took off the value cover and saw one value had blown a piece of the value guide apart, meaning there was a piece of metal laying inside.