02 case reed induction?

I just bought a very clean 01 cr250, I heard a lot of bad things about the changes to '02. Can anyone explain to me, if an '01 is more reliable, has better power delivery, or what else, people don't like about the case reed induction. Basically I want some feedback if it was a bad idea to not get that third generation aluminum frame? Thanks guys, I've been a lurker for a long time, first question post.

I think it's relative. That is, the 01 has the reputation for having a better engine, and the 02+ has a better reputation for the frame, while losing some in the engine department. For me personally, any of these bikes are so beyond my riding ability that I have a long way to go before any part of the bike is a limitation! Are you a good enough rider that you'll notice?

I think I would notice the more agile frame ( this is most important to me after rliability) I'm not a very experianced mechanic, so what I heard about the new case reed induction I thought 01 seemed more reliable and the 01 I bought has been babied. I bought a 02 cr250 brand new back in the day and loved the power delivery. But since then I've sold it and when I seen this 01 I had to have it. want an experts opinion on exactley what case reed induction intels, different power delivery?, or more work to get running right? Again I'm a very inexpieranced mechanic.

I think I would notice the more agile frame ( this is most important to me after rliability) I'm not a very experianced mechanic, so what I heard about the new case reed induction I thought 01 seemed more reliable and the 01 I bought has been babied. I bought a 02 cr250 brand new back in the day and loved the power delivery. But since then I've sold it and when I seen this 01 I had to have it. want an experts opinion on exactley what case reed induction intels, different power delivery?, or more work to get running right? Again I'm a very inexpieranced mechanic.

Well, not sure why it matters since your 01 doesn't have case reed induction and is supposodly the better motor. Are you thinking about trying to pick up an 02 and selling the 01 that you are talking about how great it is? If you are worried about the case reed motor, are you thinking about getting an 02 and putting the 01 motor in it?

Basicly, from the reading that I have done on this website, the 02+ motor is a great motor that with some minor work can be every bit as strong as the 01 motor. Having said that, if you are really worried that your 01 won't handle good enough for you, see if you can find someone with an 02 and let you ride it to compare with your 01.

I guess it depends on what you are using it for and what your skill level is. I ride trails and occasional desert, and I actually held out for a clean 01 but ended up with an 02 for a deal that I just couldn't pass up. Looking back I think I'd be perfectly happy with either one.

In all honesty I think the 01 was one of the best 250cc 2T motors you could get right out of the box and the 02-04 wasn't. That said it doesn't take much to make the case reed motors come alive and with a little tuning and aftermarket support.

From a reliability standpoint I'm confident the case reed motors are every bit as reliable as the cylinder reed motors ?

I just bought a very clean 01 cr250, I heard a lot of bad things about the changes to '02. Can anyone explain to me, if an '01 is more reliable, has better power delivery, or what else, people don't like about the case reed induction. Basically I want some feedback if it was a bad idea to not get that third generation aluminum frame? Thanks guys, I've been a lurker for a long time, first question post.
I think I would notice the more agile frame ( this is most important to me after rliability) I bought a 02 cr250 brand new back in the day and loved the power delivery.

If you just bought the 01 are you having 2nd thoughts ? You already owned an 02 who better to analyze them both than yourself. Normally you would ask the question before buying, I would think. There both good bikes & have there pros & cons. I've owned both models & prefer the 02 because of the chassis & handling also with a little mods the motor wakes up in the off idle. BTW there both very reliable models.

Yeah, your exactly right. I bought the the 01 because it was a super clean bike, and heard bad things about case reed induction on the '02. I mainly was trying to find out what that acually means in lamens terms, and ask all you fellow tred heads if I made a good choice.

From what little I have read about this subject, the case-reed engines suffer from a little low-end loss, but pull strong in the midrange and sign-off a little early.

Many people recommend using a Vforce3 or Rad Valve to cure this issue.

( I just seen the new Vforce4 reed block. Looks promising )

Keep in mind, all these things are minor differences, and personal preferences.

I just ride for fun. I would have fun on ANY bike, as long as it has enough power! If it has really nice suspension and handling, that's just icing on the cake for me!

I think it's relative. That is, the 01 has the reputation for having a better engine, and the 02+ has a better reputation for the frame, while losing some in the engine department. For me personally, any of these bikes are so beyond my riding ability that I have a long way to go before any part of the bike is a limitation! Are you a good enough rider that you'll notice?

You hit the nail right on the head.

?

I mainly was trying to find out what that acually means in lamens terms, and ask all you fellow tred heads if I made a good choice.

Well, I think you made a horrible choice and should dump that bike just like it was radioactive. Luckily, I have the proper facilities and can dispose of it for you, for the appropriate fee of course...

I rode a generation 3 frame (04) for almost 3 years before I made the transition onto an '01. At first I hated the '01, the frame was so stiff, the suspension sucked, it felt super fat between my legs, even fatter around the airbox, and then skinny at the tank (the radiators are a lot smaller on '01s for some reason). I could not control the thing in straight-aways, and I was blowing all the corners. I just wanted to get rid of it. I stuck it out and got the suspension revalved, and that made a big difference. It took me almost 2 months to get used to it, but now I like it better than the '04. I like the power better on the '01, and the frame doesn't bother me anymore. I feel faster on the '01. As far as case induction, I liked it better because it made top ends easier.