2001 kx250 similar years

i just bought a 2001 kx250 and i dont have a manual, i was looking at the clymers and they only have 92-00, would this work for my bike or is it totally different, i heard they are pretty much the same bike?

99-02 were basically the same, i think a few torque specs changed and the forks were different on the 02 IIRC. it should work, but this is one of the many reasons i will never buy a clymer brand manual, factory only for me for eveything.

thanks, i would buy a factory manual but on my last bike i had a clymer and it helped so much, ive never used a factory manual, is there a big difference?

i have had multiple clymers that had just plain wrong info in them, some of these things were jet sizes, adjustments etc. i have never had a clymer manual that shows all of the hose, cable and wire routing as well, nor do they have the exploded views. cylmer (as far as i know) buys a bike and takes it apart and writes a manual about it, they get the spcs from the bike sitting in front of them. publishing anything the factory manual has in it, including diagrams and such would be copyright infringement, so they have to come up with things on their own.

you could keep an eye on ebay

Hey guys, i was looking at 2 dirt bikes for sale, one was a 2000 yz125 for 1300$. The other bike was a 1999 KX 250 for 1000$. I would probably buy the yz125, because i have no riding experience, but i fell like im to big for it. Im 5-11 and about 175-180lbs. I would like to know what you guys think.

I bought the factory manual fro my 2002 kx250 and its pretty good but I find they assume alot of things in the book,they figgure the guy working on them is a kawi mechanic and leave out alot of little steps that get an average wrencher a bit confused.Most of my trouble was with the power valve timing,it was a bit vague.Still its a decent manual and specific for the year.

Hey guys, i was looking at 2 dirt bikes for sale, one was a 2000 yz125 for 1300$. The other bike was a 1999 KX 250 for 1000$. I would probably buy the yz125, because i have no riding experience, but i fell like im to big for it. Im 5-11 and about 175-180lbs. I would like to know what you guys think.

start a new thread, youll get more input. :smirk: you will be fine on the 125 I find. 2s 250 is a lot of machine for someone with no riding experience. Furthermore, they are physically almost identical in size (kx125 and 250 of the same year). slight changes, but not a huge difference. the 250 does weight more though.

yea, il keep my eye out for one