Quick way to land yourself in the hospital.

Must have hit this jump 50 times earlier in the day, I was just starting to think about packing er in and heading home when this happened.

I am a firm believer that my neck brace saved me from much worse injury and I was able to walk out of the hospital with a fairly savage concussion, swollen eye, minor scrapes on my shoulder and a tender ankle. Couple days off work and a couple weeks off the bike and I'll be back to normal according to the doc. So to all you guys considering a leatt, bloody well get one!

P.S. not sure how the word "savage" created a link to the rkb whatever website.

my bad i didn't see the "this" link......ouch

No worries I haven't seen many posts with links in that format on this website. For a minute there I thought I was the only one that could see it.

I've gotten other shots of me landing it and powering out quite cleanly but a little on the overshot side, still a clean run out no bouncing. No different than this one accept this one kicked my ass.

Whats the deal with MX helmets, should I replace it after a crash like this or is it perfectly fine to continue using it? I know my downhill mountainbike fullface helmets are single impact and I have cracked the shit out of shells on them before, but I have no idea about a DOT helmet.

I've gotten other shots of me landing it and powering out quite cleanly but a little on the overshot side, still a clean run out no bouncing. No different than this one accept this one kicked my ass.

Whats the deal with MX helmets, should I replace it after a crash like this or is it perfectly fine to continue using it? I know my downhill mountainbike fullface helmets are single impact and I have cracked the shit out of shells on them before, but I have no idea about a DOT helmet.

Yep defiantly get a new one. Especially with an extreme concussion like that.

What jump is that? I've ridden that track before but don't recognize where exactly you are on it.

Was it an ambulance ride to the hospital or did a buddy drive you?

I've ridden there alone a few times and should probably at least have a general idea of where the hospital is from there.

I would definitely replace it, after hard hits like that the foam on the inside of the helmet gets a little mushed and the shell can weaken or hard to see cracks can form.

How could you have avoided this? I'm not much of a jumper but it seems like you hit it right, good speed and elevation, but when you hit the ground the suspension kinda bottomed out and you just lost it...

Good to know you're doing ok!

Do you mean thumpertalk is a terrible video hosting site or pinkbike is. Pinkbike is generally decent but not for 1080p HD in AVCHD aparently.

I watched it a couple times pausing and going and it looks like my right foot came off the peg a bit and then when it made contact again my ankle folded and my toe slipped off the back of the peg which would explain why my ankle is killing me today. I'm going to say thats the most likely cause and would explain why the bike dove to the left with all my weight coming down on the left hand peg.

Sound on that video was all messed up, can't even see what happened to you! You cased the jump and then you sort a slid on your side and the video just stops... I didn't even really see your head hit the ground, looked like you just went limp as soon as you cased the jump and sorta fell over lol.