Sign in to follow this  

hard to shift down

okay so it feels like shifting is a lot harder than it should be, especially when im shifting down in a low gear, say 3->2 or 2->1. it feels like its really dry in the gears, like a lot of friction. and im talking about when the bike is rolling, not sitting still. what could the problem be?

yea of course i have oil in it. it uses the same motor oil that i change each month to lubricate the shifter and gears right? if so then yes and even after a fresh oil change the shifter still sticks. the clutch is adjusted fine, but recently i noticed it started slipping, or acting funny, but thats a separate issue.

yea of course i have oil in it. it uses the same motor oil that i change each month to lubricate the shifter and gears right? if so then yes and even after a fresh oil change the shifter still sticks. the clutch is adjusted fine, but recently i noticed it started slipping, or acting funny, but thats a separate issue.

You do realize that a clutch that is not engaging or disingaging properly will have a direct effect on how the bike shifts?

Cheers,

You do realize that a clutch that is not engaging or disingaging properly will have a direct effect on how the bike shifts?

Cheers,

yea but the shifter has always been hard, long before the clutch began slipping

I am just starting to have a similar issue. For the most part my bike shifts fine but sometimes when I come to a quick stop it seems to get stuck in between gears until I let out the clutch a little. It seems to be getting worse but some of the time it shifts down fine. Does anyone know what we might need to replace? I don't know much about motorcycle transmissions so any help would be appreciated.