Sign in to follow this  

Washington Seattle area riding

I might be heading up to Seattle for the summer to work for my girlfriends parents. I would have my bike and would like to ride while up there. I would be living in Bellevue, what places would be closest to ride MX and single track?

Thanks for the help!

Check the "where to ride" section here. It will show you a few areas. In Bellevue you're probably equidistant between the two biggest riding areas around here (Walker Valley and Tahuya). Both appear to have equal-ish fan bases depending on your riding preference. I adore one and avoid the other whenever possible, but ride both and come to your own conclusion. There are some great riding areas to the east as well, but they are more seasonal.

Mount Vernon...(walker Valley) for trails, which is about 1 hr and 45 min away and for a mx track it is about the same to get to Strataline in Olympia. There is also a few other tracks but even further away one North of Walker and one South of Olympia.

Welcome to the wetness. What areas do you ride in AZ?

Race sanctioning is done by Northwest Motorcycle Association (NMA), check out their website NMA

For riding areas check out WOHVA map catalog, scroll down to the map.

Check the "where to ride" section here. It will show you a few areas. In Bellevue you're probably equidistant between the two biggest riding areas around here (Walker Valley and Tahuya). Both appear to have equal-ish fan bases depending on your riding preference. I adore one and avoid the other whenever possible, but ride both and come to your own conclusion. There are some great riding areas to the east as well, but they are more seasonal.

Would never recommend riding walker or tahuya in the summer when the mountain singletrack is ( eventually:smirk:) snow free. we have some of the best mountain riding in the country so head for that when you get here. check places like taneum, naches, gifford, mad lake for starters :smirk:

Joe

Would never recommend riding walker or tahuya in the summer when the mountain singletrack is ( eventually:smirk:) snow free. we have some of the best mountain riding in the country so head for that when you get here. check places like taneum, naches, gifford, mad lake for starters :smirk:

Joe

Waiting for the snow to melt is killing me!

Walker valley has some of best and most tech trails there is and theres a ton of single track that barely ever gets ridden, tahuya and capital forest wich is by olympia are nice but are more laid back kinda cruisin trails

Thanks for all the info!

I live in Flagstaff so woods riding is my favorite type. I race the desert stuff we have there but nothing compares to riding in the trees. The videos Ive seen of Washington look amazing.

I've been in Idaho for the past few weeks riding around (in Bellevue ironically) and theres too much snow in the mountains to ride as well. We have been stuck to riding the lower lying desert hills.

Send a pm when you get this way! Always lookin for other riders to ride with

Awesome! Thanks for all the info. Like I said, I'm currently in Idaho but if I decide to head up to Seattle I will definitely give you guys a shout.

We managed to ride into the trees today for aways before we hit snow. Northwest dirt is so nice compared to the stuff in AZ.

Well I'm up here now! I would love to go riding this weekend. I work 4 -10s, so I'm free to go Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

I'm down for any area (haven't ridden any of them yet). I still have the stock tank on my Yz250F though so I'm limited to about 50 miles. I am more than willing to do multiple loops after regassing.

I'll make another thread shortly about it. :ride:

Awesome! Thanks for all the info. Like I said, I'm currently in Idaho but if I decide to head up to Seattle I will definitely give you guys a shout.

We managed to ride into the trees today for aways before we hit snow. Northwest dirt is so nice compared to the stuff in AZ.

Where were you in Idaho? I used to live in AZ and rode with a mutual friend, Dave Groppenbacher....let me know if you come back to Idaho and I'll show you around.

I thought you rode with us in Flagstaff one time?

I was in Bellevue (near Sun Valley). We rode multiple times a week but the snow level was still so high that we couldn't get far. What area are you in?

I thought you rode with us in Flagstaff one time?

I was in Bellevue (near Sun Valley). We rode multiple times a week but the snow level was still so high that we couldn't get far. What area are you in?

You may be right....

I'm up in Coeur d'Alene.......not very close to Sun Valley at all. Oh well, the offer still stands.

You are going to love the riding in the NW....