Mcct

I've got an 06 with less than 4,000 miles w/ the stock ACCT. How important is it to get an MCCT? I see marks on the bolt heads that indicate the previous owner messed with the ACCT. Not sure what he did, exactly.

yes important,,use the search function on the top right,,select "titles only",,and enter mcct..hundreds of threads on this, question has been asked hundreds of times,,if you want to save time then dont read them,,and know that it is important,,Also it is listed in the FAQ, which you should read if you're new! , lots of newbie questions answered there, and important info,I read for 2 days, before posting.. Welcome to the club

Factory automatic adjusters can back out when the throttle is suddenly closed at higher rpms. This allows the cams to momentarily go out of time and can result in bent valves and/or serious engine damage! Hydraulic tensioners have a tendency to put too much tension on the chain guide under high rpm/high oil pressure conditions, resulting in premature cam chain wear. Installation of a Manual Cam Chain Tensioner will allow you to maintain the proper constant cam chain tension necessary and it will not backout.

yeah ...

I ordered one from the TT store yesterday.

Smart move....:smirk:

Like I said for the loctite fixs. If you can make it mid week...I'm happy to help.