Sign in to follow this  

need tires advice

I am looking for some ideas on what to run for tires. I have an 07 kxf250. I'm looking for a good all around tire. mostly trail riding some track.

I was thinking michelin MH3

thanks

Edited by motowrecker121

trail and some track - consider a Dunlop Geomax MX51 on the back at 8 lbs trail and 12 lbs track. If you avoid rock hard pack, it will last a while. If you ride hard pack and blast the right grip - it'll shred that tire.

Dunlop Geomax MX51 is what i have on my honda. Hey i have a question for you. How do you like that Kawi on the trails? and downsides? any mods?

I dont have any complaints yet. I've just started riding again after quite a few years.

as far as mods go suspension was redone by pro circuit, full pro circuit titanium exhaust, twin air filter kit. nothing major done to the bike.

I am really surprised the bike has some decent power.

I have talked to a couple local guys and got 3 different answers on tires.

michelin ms3

bridgestone m403/m404

dunlop mx51

any more opinions out there

Bridgestone M403/404:thumbsup:

How do they wear in the trails. some hard pack, some roots, some loose dirt

thanks

I killed a 404 after a couple of races, the MX51 is toast after a couple. I'm personally popping in Pirellis this week on the advice of a friend. It seems they have a new compound that should hold up in our dry hard conditions. Something has to happen since tires just fall apart in Texas with no rain ever.

i like the perelli mx32 mid soft in the sand but dont ride it on hard dry dirt, very soft side wall. i never tryed there hard dirt tires.

i had the bridgestones 403's they got destroyed i just got the dunlop mx51 put on and i love it after about 5-7 hours its like brand new and grips amazingly

well i bought the m404/m403 today. i paid $150 so i figured i would try them out. if I dont like them I will try something else. I have spent $150 on a lot dumber things.

I am going to a park this weekend they have a mx track and a woods loop, so it should be a good test to see how these are.

thanks for the input

Ben

I run the 403/404 combo on my 2010 on dry hard packed moto tracks and the hook up is awesome, especially in the rear