Sign in to follow this  

2000 KX 250 Sub-frame question

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum as well as a new owner of a recently acquired 2000 KX 250. I have owned many bikes, but this is my first KX. When I purchased the bike, I noticed that the rear fender was bent to one side. After getting the bike home and removing the panels/seat, it was obvious that the sub-frame was slightly bent. I probably should have just left it alone, but in an attempt to straighten it, I broke it at a weld. My question is, what other year model sub-frames will fit a 2000? I have been looking on ebay for sub-frames, and found a couple of 00's, but was curious if any other models would fit. Also, are there any other good sites to look for such parts on? Thanks in advance!

Thanks Dieselsmith12! Jeekinz-I probably will get it welded and keep it as a spare. It is still somewhat bent and would prefer to replace it with a straight one. Actually I located one a couple of days ago, should arrive in the mail tomorrow.

Any decent crash and it will bend, they all do. Just lean it up against a tree and kick it back straight. Or put a 2x4 inside the swingarm and pry it back.