What would you recommend for this?

^ problem with that is they are the new SFF forks which I just realized.

That piece still should be able to come off. Might try and give Factory Connection/PC/RG3 etc a call and see if they can come off and IF they kind enough tell you how to do it. If it can come off then see if your dealer can get you the piece.

Camshaftprelube probably has the easiest fix though if you know people that weld well.

I don't have any tig welding skills. My buddy does good work and I think your right, if the pinch gets welded so be it. Saw it apart when done.

Still not sure which way to go.

BTW this is the result of me running into the back of a rider that slowed and pulled into my line.

I take it you don't have the piece that's busted off? What you described is something you would do to get it back to the truck or to finish the weekend of riding but as a permanent fix? I am sure you can find something on eBay. If the piece is replaceable I sure there are other years that have a compatible piece. It doesn't have to be a SFF fork just a fork or lower tube that has that compatible piece

I appreciate all the help. Luckily the threads still work, so I think if I did weld it, drill it, tap it and saw the pinch open again it will work.

If it doesn't, ill be shopping around.

Thanks guys.

That lower fork lug does come off. The lower fork tube actually threads into the fork lug, and it's held by green locktite and sometimes (depending on the bike) set pins. but I could contact some like Pro Circuit or Smart Performance and see if they could get you a replacement.