something rolling around the inside of my tube

i just put new tires and some slightly used bridgestone heavy duty tubes that i got from my neighbor on my husky the other day. i set the pressure on the front to 13 psi and the rear 12 psi. i went out for a 15 mile ride in the rocks/mud and when i got back, i put the bike on the bike stand. upon me turning the rear tire, i heard something rolling around inside the tire/tube. i checked the tire pressure and thats about the same, maybe a pound lighter and the bead is set around the tire. so at first i thought that i must have gotten some dirt/rocks inside the tire from the ride but the more i turned the tire, the more it sounded like whatever was in there, was coming from the inside of the tube.

so a few questions...first, what is inside the tube that sound like balls or marbles rolling around? second, should i be concerned or should i change out the tube?

thanks.

we had a tube that had a ball of extra rubber rolling around in it. we ran the tube for a long time until it got a pinch. Id say go with it

The heavy duty Bridgeston tubes have talcum powder inside them and it eventually forms small balls that roll around inside. Not a problem, ride it.

The heavy duty Bridgeston tubes have talcum powder inside them and it eventually forms small balls that roll around inside. Not a problem, ride it.

well thats about what it sounds like. just thought it was strange when i came back from a short ride to find something rolling around inside the tube. thanks for saving me the time of taking the tire off and re-mounting it. i guess there is no way to get the balls out of the tube anyway. they sound bigger than the valve hole.

Sounds like you've got Tube Worms. My friend had a bad case of them last year. I'll bet you've been riding around on grass where dogs doo their stuff, right? First, fill tire to EXACTLY 55 psi. Then, you need to spray some RAID or other bug spray on your tires (get them good and wet), then wrap them in Saran Wrap - about 4 or 5 layers. Tape the ends tightly. Put bike on stand, and heat tires with a hair dryer for 30 minutes while slowly spinning them. Remove wrap, set air pressure, and you'll be good to go.

There was a post last month on here that had more details.

haha Still Bill.

It's talc powder in the tubes from manufacture. Get's moisture in there and turns it into little talc rocks. Harmless.