Sign in to follow this  

KX250f exhausts

Wondering what years of exhausts will fit the 2011?

Will say a system for an 08 fit?...

Check out various exhaust manufacturers' websites and take note of the part numbers for one year and compare them to the year in question. Good luck.

please get someting quiet .... I was at my dads house a few days back and all I could hear were some local idiots on loud obnoxious 4t's in a pit about a mile away. pity the poor people who live rigght next door. :smirk: then today I was sitting on his back porch and got an endless serenade of fart can harleys. If people just started shooting riders on loud bikes I wouldn't condone it but I can certainly understand why they did it. My kx came with a fmf 4.1 that sounds to loud to me. I only ride at a local mx track. This bike is a bit of an experiment .... if I keep it .. its getting an fmf Q for sure. Sorry for the rant .. been hearing a lot of obnoxious bikes on and off the road in the last few days. makes fighting to keep open what riding areas we have like pizsing into the wind. Good luck with the search for a pipe. Just try to balance the need for perfomance with the ramifications said exhaust can have on the sport down the road

Not reallly looking but i search around ebay from time to time and well if I run across a deal on a set up, what to know if it'll work.

I ride a Harley I run Vance&Hines Big Radius, was really my choice of pipes but did some work to it and these are what I ended up with...I'm not throttle jocky who rips the bike to see how loud it it is, I know its loud, in fact if your vehcile has an alarm I can set it off... as far as dirt bike as stated above, I ran a BigGun system on my KLX 250 a few years back, now i got that for perfromance on that machine, I'll agree that it was loud, I could be heard easily a 1/2 mile out of town...

I believe loud pipes can save lives on or off the road ! as long as the driver of the other vehicle can hear!

Not reallly looking but i search around ebay from time to time and well if I run across a deal on a set up, what to know if it'll work.

I ride a Harley I run Vance&Hines Big Radius, was really my choice of pipes but did some work to it and these are what I ended up with...I'm not throttle jocky who rips the bike to see how loud it it is, I know its loud, in fact if your vehcile has an alarm I can set it off... as far as dirt bike as stated above, I ran a BigGun system on my KLX 250 a few years back, now i got that for perfromance on that machine, I'll agree that it was loud, I could be heard easily a 1/2 mile out of town...

I believe loud pipes can save lives on or off the road ! as long as the driver of the other vehicle can hear!

I'm sorry, being a sport bike rider myself, who has absolutely no problem with anybody out on the road on two wheels, I want to just rip some of the harley riders off their bikes when they have exhausts like that that make my ears bleed when I ride by.

A properly-designed exhaust is tuned to a very specific bike. If you are considering any exhaust that claims to be for multiple models of the KX250F, especially if it includes the 2011, then I recommend you look elsewhere. It's not about whether it will fit or not, it's about the performance.

Off topic, "Loud pipes save lives" is nothing but a bul#@%it excuse for having an obnoxiously loud bike, which in itself is nothing more than a pathetic cry for attention. Grow up.

to the OP, 2011 exhaust.. your only options are for 09-11 exhaust.. 08 and older wont work

this was the answer I was looking for.

thank you.

as for the others:

i was not looking to be lectured by on what is right or wrong on the roadways now a days.

Sport bikes to me a re waste of money peroid.

Before anyone bashes this comment its an opinoin.

Sportbikes were designed for one thing, RACE and speed.

Why buy a bike that can run 150 mph but you can only drive 55mph? or perhaps interstate 65mph.

Anyway I got my answers, if you ride an rocket and you creep on my bagger and want to run pass me, by all mean go ahead...dont be suprised if i creep back on top of you ...:smirk:

And as far as loud pipes save lives, fred may be right its a statement that has been around longer than this forum...and fred I am grown up

enough the bs its topic that can't debated too many opinionated people with all the right answers.

I own a sport bike, after 2 years of having it, (just turned 20) i'm seriously considering something not so race like. I dont need a lap timer for the street because im not doing the grocery store and back 500 on it. The more and more I ride it the more I realize I can't have any fun with it without greatly defying the law. I suppose i'm just growing up, but I can see a bagger or another sort of cruiser in my near future to replace the 08zx6r.

I rode a few street bikes..started out with 1975 Yamaha twin XS500, then went to Yamaha Seca, sold the Seca purchased a 2003 883 custom, will addmit it was wayyyy too loud, i ran it with drag pipes, wasn't too bad for me but id you were behind me your ears would be ringing. Now I have a 06 FLHX, I can ride 100 miles w/o my @zz getting tired or beat up, my bladder usually makes me pull over before my body gets fatigued.

I tried loud pipes on this bike, but couldn't hear the radio, so opt for quieter ones, the ones I'm running can be loud if you thrash on throttle, which I don't...any bike can be fun it depends on the rider and what they want out of a bike. Me I wanted something comfortable, with storage, and I knew my wife and I both could ride and be comfortable no matter what.

Where this topic got off subject with ride responsible and rember to obey all laws and repect the communities that you ride or ride through.