Sign in to follow this  

California Drink water flats

It's been open from the San Fran side. You just can't get there from Bouquet Canyon. However, it's closed to red stickers for the summer.

It's been open from the San Fran side. You just can't get there from Bouquet Canyon. However, it's closed to red stickers for the summer.

I thought the Bouquet side was to be opened on 5.16.11?

I'm not sure. I trust those forest guys about as far as I can throw them. I haven't been over that way in a while. Maybe one of those frequent Rowher guys can shed some light. They are always over there.

I talked to some guys that were there last week and said the gate was still closed. They laughed when I mentioned the Rangers said is should be open and mentioned they've been saying that same thing for about a year now.

I talked to some guys that were there last week and said the gate was still closed. They laughed when I mentioned the Rangers said is should be open and mentioned they've been saying that same thing for about a year now.

Pfffft. Rangers Schmangers. Thanks Schmo.

I"m just looking for a more 'leisurely' ride to do, to get back into riding.

It's been 5 weeks of coughing & hacking hell....and I need to ride as soon as I'm up to it....!

Pfffft. Rangers Schmangers. Thanks Schmo.

I"m just looking for a more 'leisurely' ride to do, to get back into riding.

It's been 5 weeks of coughing & hacking hell....and I need to ride as soon as I'm up to it....!

Come on' krannie. they closed down california. all trails are in california are closed. you have to stay home.

Gate at Del Sur truck trail off of Bouquet is closed. Only way in is from San Fran side. Seems like the Forest Service's solution to everything is to close it.

not sure why the forest service doesn't jump in on this and give their two cents on the matter. As they definitly read these threads.

If they open up gates then they have to patrol the area. This is not cost effective.Keeping gates locked also produces revenue for the state. Can we all say ticket the dirt bike criminals.

not sure why the forest service doesn't jump in on this and give their two cents on the matter. As they definitly read these threads.

Appartenlty the FS only uses these sites to catch our outlaw brethren and write tickets. That guy they tracked down after posting pics going around the gate said they told him they'd circulated the information and were trying to catch him for months. I bet if the same effort was placed in getting the trail fixed and open as they place on enforcing the closure, it probably would have been open last year . . . but that might take actual work and some sweat . . . it's a lot easier to sit in your AC truck and just cruise around the staging areas checking ADV passes:banghead::ride::lol:

Everytime you talk to the FS, you get a different story. I have heard from soon to not likely anytime soon. I heard that the power company was working up there and also heard that they were done but caused some damage to the nearby environment. and now an impact study needs to happen. I heard that they were ready to open, but delaying because of outlaw riders. they seeded and awaiitig for it to take before opeing. I heard that they are blocking the offshoots and also heard that they are doing notjhing up there. heard that the avalance on the north end is passable by bike, but they don't want to open just in case a jeep gets stupid. I heard that environmentalists are saving the prehistoric fish of some type.

Who knows what the real deal is. just rumers and chit chat. open the area!!

I guess we could be happy with what we got, but geez. why not open up the area so less crowds on what we have now.

On the Del Sur / Bouquet side the FS replanted the ridge / firebreak and installed a bunch of barricades. Which I don't understand because people have been riding it for years. I would think the FS would encourage people to ride the firebreaks just to keep them clear. Per the Ranger they are keeping the gate closed on the Del Sur side because somebody keeps riding on the ridge.